At the beginning of each semester, the East Tennessee State University chapter holds a “Meet the Chapter” open house. This event gives chapter members the opportunity to meet and talk to non-members about the benefits of SHRM membership. The meeting begins with a Powerpoint presentation highlighting specific member benefits:
1. Opportunity to network with HR professionals by attending professional chapter meetings. This networking could lead to a job since HR practitioners represent potential employers
2. Compilation and distribution of a student resume book to professional chapter members.
3. Opportunity to attend a resume-writing seminar in the fall and an interviewing seminar in the spring to help prepare for the job search.
4. Availability of research and reference materials such as HR Magazine and the SHRM web site.
5. Opportunity to apply for SHRM awards and scholarships.
After the presentation, chapter members recruited and networked with potential members. The event gave everyone the chance to get to know each other and to learn more about SHRM membership. Try it in your chapter!
Contact Your Regional Team | Contact SHRM | (800) 283.SHRM (7476)
SHRM provides content as a service to its readers and members. It does not offer legal advice, and cannot guarantee the accuracy or suitabiity of its content for a particular purpose.
Volunteer Exchange | Technical Help