The web-based application is separated into sections. Each section must be completed before the application is submitted. For more information, completed submission forms may be found on this page.
SECTION 1: IDENTIFICATION:
• This section is about you and your affiliate.
SECTION 2: AWARD LEVELS AND CATEGORIES
• The Pinnacle Awards recognize SHRM affiliate programs and initiatives of the highest quality in the award levels and categories described to the right. One winning affiliate’s submission from each of the four award levels will be selected in each category described, with chapter award levels determined by the chapter’s total membership count as of December 31, 2020.
NOTE: For those chapters who submit a joint application, the Award level will be based on the largest chapter’s total membership count as of December 31, 2020. For example, if a small- and large- size chapter submit a joint application, it would be considered in the Medium & Large Award Level. SHRM reserves the right to withhold granting an award in a particular award level/category if all submissions in the level/category fail to meet the required eligibility and program requirements.
• Serving HR Professionals - Excellence in activities that support and promote professionals with HR responsibility to be successful business leaders. Activities may be related to certification, professional learning or skills development.
• Advancing the HR Profession - Excellence in advancing the HR profession by creating awareness of or by supporting key constituents including the workplace, government and regulatory representatives, employers, schools, the media, and the community at large. Activities may be outreach and awareness programs, government or public affairs programs, or programs focused on key issues such as inclusion, diversity, or workforce readiness.
• Enhancing the SHRM Community - Excellence in providing programs and services that support SHRM, meet members’ needs, or further the chapter or state council efforts. Activities may include efforts to foster dual member engagement, retention and acquisition, volunteer development and recognition, or efforts to support the SHRM Foundation.
• In this section, you will be asked to select the category that your submission reflects, as well as your award level, and explain why your submission meets the description provided for that category. Your response in this section is limited to 300 words. A word count feature has been added to the submission form to assist you in creating your response.
SECTION 3: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:
• The Executive Summary will serve as an introduction to the application itself and will be used in the Pinnacle Award compendium. Your response in this section is limited to 300 words. Your summary should provide concise information about your chapter’s or state council’s initiative, clearly noting what you set out to do, what you did and how you measured success. Remember, during the judging process, the judges only know what is provided in the submission and have no additional knowledge. Compare this to reviewing a candidate’s resume for an open position in your organization–you make a decision to consider the individual further based on what you see (or don’t see) on the resume. A word count feature has been added to the submission form to assist you in creating your response.