SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award Program Workbook
2021-2022 SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award Planning Workbook
The 2021-2022 SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award Planning Workbook will be available NOW!
Please click the following link to access the 2021-2022 SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award Planning Workbook.
SHRM Student Chapter Merit Award
SHRM Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award
Nominating an Advisor
Nominations for the award will be accepted from any student chapter officers, members, former members, other faculty or SHRM professional members. Self-nominations will also be accepted. The application is currently closed. The application for 2022 will open on January 11, 2022. All submissions will be due by March 9, 2022.
Recognizing that SHRM student chapter advisors are uniquely positioned to inspire, shape and guide the next generation, the SHRM Foundation Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award will honor a deserving SHRM student chapter advisor who has made a positive impact in the life of one or more student members. Examples include:
- Introducing the student to the field of HR and inspiring her/him to pursue it.
- Developing student leaders who go on to hold other leadership roles.
- Connecting the student to HR professionals in the community and assisting with internship and/or job opportunities.
- Involving students in service projects that make a difference in the local community.
- Leading and facilitating efforts to collaborate with another campus, business or community organizations on service, business or educational projects.
The winning advisor will receive:
- A commemorative plaque
- $1,000 cash award
- Complimentary registration to the SHRM2022 Annual Conference & Exposition
- Travel funding up to $1,000 to attend the SHRM2022
**Winners of the Advisor Impact Award are ineligible to win the award again for five years.
Previous Award Winners
2018-2019 Student Chapter Advisor Impact Award Winner