Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

Board Membership

• 1.  Board Membership

Posted 9 days ago
    Do any chapter boards allow Temp Agency recruiters to sit on the board? Thank you

------------------------------
    Yvonne Hurt SHRM-CP
    Backcountry.com
    Elliston VA

• 2.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 9 days ago
    Hi - yes, we have no restrictions as to what the individual does for a living that prevents them from serving on the board (this is true for at least 4 chapters that I am with).

However, one chapter requires the President position (only) to hold HR certification.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Andy

Andy Thiede, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
    Director, Chapter Operations
    HRACC
    860-202-8107

• 3.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 9 days ago
    Our Olympia, WA chapter allows employees from temp agencies to sit on the board. In fact, I am one of them and will be taking over as President of our board in January 2020.
    Danielle Wood
    Risk Coordinator
    Express Employment

Danielle Wood
    Express Employment Professionals
    Olympia WA

• 4.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    Great question! HRANI allows all members of our group to become a board member no matter what their job affiliation or title is. 

Amy Berding

Account Executive

Serving North Central Iowa and South Central Minnesota

Direct Line: 641-590-5222

Mason City Client Line: 641-454-5400

Fort Dodge Client Line: 515-576-3183

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail transmission and any attachments may contain confidential and legally protected information intended solely for the use of the above named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any review, copying, disclosure, distribution or any other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and then promptly delete this communication from your system.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email system is owned by QPS and is, therefore, its property. This gives QPS the right to monitor email traffic (both outgoing and incoming) passing through its system. While QPS is not obligated to monitor, it reserves the right, at any time without consent, to retrieve and read any email created, se

• 5.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    ​Yes. My membership director manages a temp agency.  She is SHRM certified and has a lot of great insight. I would not exclude someone due to the type of position they hold if they have the right skills and abilities.

Chanel Taylor SHRM-CP
    Maps Credit Union
    Salem OR

• 6.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    Yes, we have our VP of Membership who works for a temp agency, he has so many contacts which has helped to grow our chapter!!

Linda Fermin
    SJSHRM President

Linda Fermin SHRM-CP
    California Natural Products
    Lathrop CA

• 7.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    We sure do - they have the same rules as everyone else - no selling, unless they sponsor our meeting.  Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving! 

• 8.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    Branson Tri-Lakes does. 
    Teresa Heard

• 9.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    The Chicago SHRM board is a group of engaged professionals, some are HR Practitioners, recruiters, attorneys, insurance brokers,rainers, consultants, heads of D&I etc. All are resources for our more than 850 members.

Carol Semrad SHRM-SCP
    Ms. Carol J. Semrad SHRM-SCP
    Chicago IL

• 10.  RE: Board Membership

Posted 8 days ago
    Yes. We have such a person on our board, she does a great job!  She does belong to National SHRM.  Unless your by-laws state something specific against it, I see no problems with this.  It's certainly HR related field of work, every once in awhile, we all need a great temp agency in our corner!

--

Kindest regards,

Kate Dashner