Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

• 1.  SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-10-2021 13:13

SHRM has a significant update to an event that we know is important to Volunteer Leaders -the SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo.

We have been working with our you to hold SHRM21 in Chicago in June. Unfortunately, we are unable to hold the conference in Chicago because the state of Illinois hasn't yet determined when current gathering limitations will be lifted. The safety of our attendees is and always will be paramount.

We are delighted, however, to announce that we have moved the date and location for this flagship event to September 9-12, 2021, in Las Vegas!

Two Great Options to Join Us

Our Conference will now be held at the brand new West Hall facility in the Las Vegas Convention Center. We remain committed to ensuring all proper safety measures are in place so attendees can safely experience SHRM21 in person if they choose to.

If attendees prefer to participate virtually, SHRM's Annual Conference still includes a virtual-pass option with plenty of opportunities to engage with attendees, speakers and exhibitors in real time.

We appreciate your continued partnership in sharing important updates like this with our HR community. To keep up with the latest programming, speakers and to register to join us, visit the website.

------------------------------
    Meredith Nethercutt Krisher
    Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
    Denver CO

• 2.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-11-2021 12:53
    Thank you.  I paid for San Diego and was told it would apply toward Chicago.  Will it now apply to this?   Please let me know the best person to contact.  Thanks for all you do!!

Shawn Choate
    Bank of Utah
    Ogden UT

• 3.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-11-2021 14:00

Hi Shawn! Hope all is well!

For 2020 registrants, your registration was rolled over to the 2021 conference. However, due to insurance reasons stemming from last year's event cancellation, we are required to refund your registration fee to the original form of payment. You will receive the refund within 10 business days.

You will then need to reregister for this event to secure your spot. Registration will be a quick and easy process at shrm21.shrm.org.

If a hotel room was reserved in Chicago for SHRM21 and booked through our official housing block, our housing partner, MCI, will handle your hotel cancellation and refund. If you booked a Chicago area hotel directly through a hotel or a third-party travel site, you'll need to cancel your hotel reservation directly. Information about booking new hotel reservations for the new September dates will be shared with you in the coming weeks.

If you need any assistance with this process, feel free to contact SHRM's Customer Experience team (calling 800.283.7476, option 3 or email at shrm@shrm.org) – they are ready to help!

Let us know how else we can support moving forward,

Meredith

• 4.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 19 days ago
    Hi Meredith,

Can you direct me to the person who can help with my refund for Chicago?  I still haven't received it.

Thanks,
    Shawn Choate
    SVP Human Resources
    Bank of Utah

Shawn Choate
    Bank of Utah
    Ogden UT

• 5.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-11-2021 14:01
    Hi Meredith, do you know if there will be a volunteer leader rate for the conference?  Thank you!

Choua Yang SHRM-CP
    Associated Banc-Corp
    Green Bay WI

• 6.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-12-2021 14:25

Thanks for reaching out! There is indeed an overall SHRM Volunteer Leader discount for Annual Conference. The savings is 10% off the offered price, for all 2021 Volunteer Leaders; it is automatically applied when you register for the event.

Please let me know what other questions you have – we're here to help!

Best,

Meredith

• 7.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-11-2021 20:59
    Hi Meredith,
    I went to Campaign in a Box and all the information was updated except the General Graphic Slide.  That is the one I normally use to post to our website landing page.  Do you know when that will be updated?

Thank you.

Michele A. LaPorte, SHRM-CP, PHR
    Mohawk Valley SHRM
    2nd VP Membership & Chapter Administrator

• 8.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 03-18-2021 12:27
    Hi Michele,

Thanks for sending this message - so sorry (my original reply email didn't go through for whatever odd technical reason). Hopefully this posts successfully - our team is crafting an updated Graphic Slide, and hope to have that posted to the Campaign-in-a-Box next week. I will message you directly once it is "live." Thanks very much!

Meredith

Denver CO

• 9.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Meredith,
    FYI, I just checked and the Graphic Slide for SHRM21 in Campaign in a Box is still showing Chicago.

Michele A. LaPorte, SHRM-CP, PHR
    Mohawk Valley SHRM
    2nd VP Membership & Chapter Administrator

• 10.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi Meredith!

Thank you so much for the information. Do you know if/when there will be an opportunity for those in the region to sign up to volunteer at the conference for a discounted registration similar to what has been done in the past?

Thank you!
    Nichole
    NWMHC
    Wyoming

Nichole Adams SHRM-CP
    Sheridan WY

• 11.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 17 days ago

Hi Nichole!

For SHRM's 2021 Annual Conference in Las Vegas, the volunteer interest form is now live.

Anyone interested can sign up to express their interest. As always, this is to express interest only, and signing up through this interest list does not guarantee a volunteer spot. It simply means you will receive the volunteer program registration information once available:  https://shrm.formstack.com/forms/shrm21_volunteer_interest_list_form_copy

If you have any additional questions moving forward, and as additional planning is confirmed and shared with attendees, please feel free to reach out to to me or Delight Deloney, SHRM Field Services Director, at delight.deloney@shrm.org.

Thanks,
    Nicole

Nicole Belyna SHRM-SCP
    Field Services Director
    @SHRMNicole

• 12.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 16 days ago
    Thank you so much Nicole!

Nichole Adams SHRM-CP
    Sheridan WY

• 13.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Meredith-

Do you know when they will release hotel accommodation information for attendees so that those registered for the conference can get the hotels booked.

Kortney Jenks SHRM-CP
    City of Oshkosh
    Oshkosh WI

• 14.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Kortney,
    I spoke to a representative yesterday from MCI (the group that SHRM uses for booking the hotels) because I was looking for my hotel refund from when I booked my hotel for when the conference was going to be in San Diego then Chicago.   So after I got my information about the refund, I asked about booking a hotel for Las Vegas.  He told me that it will probably be open in about another month and to look for an announcement from SHRM.

I hope we can connect/meet in Las Vegas.  My email is lisaf@orbitfr.com.

Lisa Fugelo
    SHRM-CP, PHRca
    HR Manager
    Orbit/FR, Inc.
    Warminster, PA

• 15.  RE: SHRM21 Annual Conference & Expo Update

Posted 12 days ago
    Hi Kortney! Per Lisa's great follow-up below, SHRM will indeed be sharing additional information and directives around hotel accommodations over the next few weeks. More to come - we will continue to ensure SHRM Volunteer Leaders receive the latest updates as they are finalized!

Best,
    Meredith

Denver CO