Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

Looking to add Forum to membership

• 1.  Looking to add Forum to membership

Posted 5 days ago
    I am looking to add a Forum type platform to our local chapter site, similar to SHRM Connect. Do any of the local chapters utilize one? 
    If so, could you please answer the following questions, or at least provide some insight into the one you use?
    What platform do you use?
    How do you monitor/administer it?
    What is the cost to you? 
    if there is one, do you pass that along to members in the dues?

Any other feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Jaci Kremser

• 2.  RE: Looking to add Forum to membership

Posted 4 days ago
    I am interested in this also. I would like to follow this thread! :)

------------------------------
    Mallory Whalen SHRM-CP
    Bit-Wizards Information Technology Solutions, Inc.
    Fort Walton Beach FL

• 3.  RE: Looking to add Forum to membership

Posted 4 days ago
    Hi Jacquelyne,

Greenville SHRM recently set up a Forum for our members. The platform is a current feature of our Wild Apricot association management software. We previously used StarChapter software and it also included an option for a Forum.

It is a bit hard to get it going but I'm hoping that it will grow in usefulness to our members. I've asked board members and committee members to subscribe and respond to members' questions. Here is a link to our Forum, which we started in March: https://together4hr.org/HR-Member-Exchange.

• 4.  RE: Looking to add Forum to membership

Posted 3 days ago
    Edited by Julia Palkovic 3 days ago
    Hi Jacquelyne,

The Peninsula Chapter of SHRM also recently set up a Forum for our members.  We use StarChpater.  The site allows us to customize Forums and review/approve posts (optional).  We have this set up as an open blog where members can review, comment, and post.  There is no additional fee from StarChapter and the support has been helpful.  I plan to highlight this as a free PenSHRM member benefit.

This is a new initiative for us. I agree with Laura it has a slow start, but the more we can engage with members the more I think it will grow organically and be utilized as a resource.

Julia Palkovic SHRM-SCP
    Benco Dental
    Pittston PA