Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

paying employees for quarantine

• 1.  paying employees for quarantine

Posted 6 days ago
    Does anyone have a policy or seen any information about how many times a company should pay an employee for the 14 day quarantine due to contract tracing?

thanks

Barb Crump

There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book.Josh Jameson

• 2.  RE: paying employees for quarantine

Posted 5 days ago
    Does the FFCRA apply to you? If you have 50 - 500 employees, it probably does. The FFCRA only allows for up to a total of 80 hours for quarantining or being sick for COVID. From https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave "For reasons (1)-(4) and (6): A full-time employee is eligible for up to 80 hours of leave, and a part-time employee is eligible for the number of hours of leave that the employee works on average over a two-week period."

------------------------------
    JOYLYNN JEPPSON
    Miro Industries, Inc.
    Heber City UT

• 3.  RE: paying employees for quarantine

Posted 4 days ago
    I have one I found on the SHRM site in March. And we are only offering 80 hours per the FFCRA. If they go over we will offer FMLA or sick leave. If you send me your email, I can forward our policy

Denise Villanueva
    OSF
    Canfield

• 4.  RE: paying employees for quarantine

Posted 4 days ago
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about quarantine pay.  We do not fall under the FFCRA so that is why I was asking.  I should have made that clear in my question. And yes to Denise you can forward me the policy.  I was trying to find it earlier but I was unable to. I knew I had seen one.

thanks again to everyone for responding.  Enjoy the upcoming holiday! 
    Barb Crump

There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book.Josh Jameson

• 5.  RE: paying employees for quarantine

Posted 3 days ago
    Thank you for the question Barb. We are an employer covered by the FFCRA, so our employees are eligible to receive 80 hours under that. However, we have been approached by our union-affiliated employee groups to consider an MOU beyond the FFCRA. They propose that employees should be paid for COVID related time-off beyond the FFCRA without charges to their personal sick or vacation banks. Their proposal is unlimited pay as needed by the employee. I would be curious if anyone else has been approached to consider such agreements or offer COVID related payments beyond the first 80 hours.

Sincerely,
    Corrie Piotrowski

Corrie Piotrowski SHRM-CP

• 6.  RE: paying employees for quarantine

Posted 3 days ago

Corrie,
    How many employees do you employ?

We are covered by a collective bargaining agreement as well but we only have 85 hourly. We will only pay 80 hours but will review each situation on a case by case basis. If they cannot return after the 14 days we will offer sick leave or FMLA. If we were to continue to pay wages beyond it would be costly. 

Thanks,
    Denise 

Denise Villanueva
    OSF
    Canfield