Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

Text Messaging Alerts for Local Chapters

• 1.  Text Messaging Alerts for Local Chapters

Posted 14 days ago
    Good Morning!

Our local chapter is looking into the option of text messaging alerts for our members and am curious if anyone else uses text messaging alerts for their chapter? Looking at recommendations for text messaging services and feedback on how it has worked for your chapter.

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Jennifer Carty SHRM-SCP

• 2.  RE: Text Messaging Alerts for Local Chapters

Posted 12 days ago
    Hi Jennifer! We haven't implemented for our SHRM chapter or state council yet, but I also serve another organization in North Texas that recently added texting. It's not very expensive and creates next level customer experience... Each member receives a text the morning of the meeting as a reminder... Definitely a game changer.. Email bwaller@goarmstrong.com and I can connect you with the person in charge of IT or send me your question and I am happy to ask and respond... It's basically an add on feature to Wild Apricot! I think the cost was around .06 cents per text... or something close to this! Member feedback has been great so far other than a few have not received the text, but we are looking into why. We are thinking it might have tried to text their office number in their profile... Hope this helps!!

Bruce Waller SHRM-CP
    Armstrong Relocation and Companies
    Carrollton TX