Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

Member Retention Ideas

• 1.  Member Retention Ideas

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Everyone -

A big focus in early 2021 for our Chapter will be member engagement and retention. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone implemented anything in 2020 that they success with being that right now events are virtual.

Thanks all for your time!
    Kortney

------------------------------
    Kortney Jenks SHRM-CP
    FVSHRM

• 2.  RE: Member Retention Ideas

Posted 15 days ago
    Hi Kortney,

We were able to get a local on-line gaming provider to help us host some games at a virtual happy hour event for our New Members.  Everyone loved it and it didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg!

--

Kindest regards,

Kate Dashner

Akron Area SHRM

• 3.  RE: Member Retention Ideas

Posted 4 days ago
    I love the question and look forward to following the thread... What's interesting is that our environment has changed, but not our mission to elevate the HR profession. Some of the biggest wins have come from those that are doing the little things well... In fact, one of our chapters received a note saying how much she valued the communication being sent out even though they weren't meeting and reminded her why it was so important to belong to the chapter...  Starting with the WHY, Communicating with consistency, staying connected, and always driving an experience... I started a blog for Texas SHRM to try to add more value and help support our chapter leaders with content to share with their team hoping it would also drive conversation. One of the ideas is to go back and watch start with why ted talk (5 min) by simon sinek... you see, when we believe why we are here, we can help others know the importance of joining our communities... It's more than a membership... it's community, it's friendships, it's resources, it's belonging to something more in our career... Just some thoughts! Wishing you success in the new year!

Bruce Waller SHRM-CP
    Armstrong Relocation and Companies
    Carrollton TX