Hi Callie and all:Here is one example:Thank you for your interest in becoming involved in your local Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) chapter. Each Board position has a specific position description. However, here are some general requirements that should be considered before committing to a (your chapter name) Board position. Our Mission:
I, ___________________________________________, commit to the following:
· Attend Board meetings and chapter meetings regularly. It also includes being prepared for Board meetings, asking critical questions, and helping the Board come to agreement in making decisions that affect chapter membership and chapter operations.
· Represent the (your chapter name) members at large and act in their best interests.
· Become familiar with the (your chapter name) By-Laws, policies, and financial statements.
· Take responsibility for Board duties and work together with understanding, mutual support and respect to make decisions that will enhance the viability of (your chapter name).
· Serve on committees.
· Act as an ambassador for (your chapter name) at chapter functions
· Abstain from activities that may appear to create a conflict of interest. Follow the (your chapter name) Code of Ethics.
Officers are required to attend monthly board meetings. An officer who fails to attend 3 consecutive Board meetings, unless excused by the President in consultation with the Officers, shall be presumed to have resigned.
SHRM Membership is strongly encouraged and required for certain positions on the board.
My signature below indicates my commitment to serve as a Board member for (your chapter name). I understand my role is to serve our members while maintaining the integrity of the association and agree to abide by the bylaws of (your chapter name).
Contact Your Regional Team | Contact SHRM | (800) 283.SHRM (7476)
SHRM provides content as a service to its readers and members. It does not offer legal advice, and cannot guarantee the accuracy or suitabiity of its content for a particular purpose.
Volunteer Exchange | Technical Help