Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

2018 Leadership

• 1.  2018 Leadership

Posted 08-07-2018 17:57
    Does anyone know what the dates are for the 2018 Leadership conference in DC?

------------------------------
    HRLisa

• 2.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 08-08-2018 12:59
    Greetings!

I believe it will be Thursday, November 15 through Saturday, November 17, 2018.  Information / Registration typically comes out this month from SHRM so be on the lookout.

Nancy Foster SHRM-SCP
    Immediate Past-President
    District Director
    Pennsylvania

• 3.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 08-09-2018 10:57
    Thanks!

HRLisa

• 4.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 08-15-2018 08:42
    Do we know the hotel yet?  Thanks!

M. Kay Wilson SHRM-SCP
    District Director 4
    HR Florida State Council, Inc.

• 5.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 08-15-2018 12:18
    VLS will be at the Gaylord, National Harbor this year.

Pamela Lehman
    Senior Association Manager
    Mile High SHRM
    Superior CO

• 6.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 09-06-2018 13:25
    Any word yet? I am worried that it might have been caught by my spam filter.

Carla Flowers, SHRM-CP
    PE North Texas SHRM Chapter

Carla Flowers SHRM-CP
    Director of Administration
    Denco Area 9-1-1 District
    Lewisville TX

• 7.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 09-07-2018 12:33
    I have heard from my colleague that it is always the weekend before thanksgiving in Washington DC. I haven't seen anything yet on program content.

Amy Aiello SHRM-SCP
    Stamford

• 8.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 09-07-2018 14:34
    ​I called SHRM this week.  Customer care investigated and said the information will be "announced soon."  I suggested that since they do this every year, it would be helpful to announce the VLS earlier than 2 months in advance for those of us that need to plan travel and time off from work!  The rep was nice and agreed, but couldn't influence it.

Pam Gibbons SHRM-SCP, SPHR
    HR Manager
    Kent, WA

• 9.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 09-11-2018 17:36
    Hello Volunteers!  Good news about the 2018 SHRM Volunteer Leaders' Summit - registration and housing are now open, and eligible volunteers were sent a communication earlier today with more details and links.  Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in National Harbor November 15-17!

Susan Post, SHRM-SCP,
    CAE
    Field Services Director
    SHRM

• 10.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 10-30-2018 00:52
    I am the current President Elect and will the President for our chapter (SJSHRM) in California and I have not received any information on the summit.  You can email me at linda.fermin@cnp.com (work email),  I need to register and book my trip.

Linda Fermin

Linda Fermin SHRM-CP
    Director of Human Resources
    Ms. Linda Fermin SHRM-CP, PHRA
    Lathrop CA

• 11.  RE: 2018 Leadership

Posted 10-30-2018 13:29

Hi Linda!!

Great News!!    Even though the SHRM room block ended on October 22nd, I was able to call the number provided and still get rooms for less than the $315 quoted for the room reimbursement allowance at the Gaylord.   The number  you can call to book your room is :  1-877-382-7299.

To register for the conference, you can go to: https://shrm.org/mlp/Pages/VLS2018.aspx

The hotel is not on the Metro line so you will want to get a shuttle, or Uber, or figure out the bus schedule to get there from the airport. 

Anna Kissick

Greater Wilmington HRA

937-234-4247

This email message (and attachments) may contain confidential Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B. information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you cannot use, distribute, or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

In order to help prevent identity theft and fraud, Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B. will never request you provide personal or financial information via unsecured email.  Please report to us any suspicious emails you receive claiming to be Liberty Savings Bank, F.S.B. and requesting personal or financial information.

Liberty Savings Bank, FSB | 3435 Airborne Rd, Suite B, Wilmington, Ohio, USA | www.libertysavingsbank.com