Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

SHRM21 Housing Update

• 1.  SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-17-2021 00:22

The official SHRM21 housing block is now open! SHRM21 in-person pass holders are encouraged to stay amongst their peers at a SHRM21 hotel to make networking even more convenient and to get the most out of their SHRM21 experience overall. SHRM offers a wide array of Las Vegas hotels to choose from-each with a unique vibe and short distance from the SHRM21 venue. There is something for everyone! Secure the best, negotiated rates by booking your SHRM21 hotel stay directly through our official SHRM21 housing partner, MCI by visiting here.

------------------------------
    Meredith Nethercutt Krisher
    Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
    Denver CO

• 2.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-17-2021 12:19
    I'm so excited to be planning this trip and was wondering where people will be staying.  There are pros and cons to staying close to the convention center.  Thoughts?

Jacqueline Peterson SHRM-SCP
    Sonoco Products Company
    Neenah

• 3.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-18-2021 12:48
    i went 2 years ago.  I'm assuming it is at the same convention hall, but it's Vegas so there may be several.  It is at the far end of the strip with few hotels close.  the Westgate is right next door.  for convenience you cannot do better. There is the monorail from the strip to it, but you would have to pay for a pass.

Kristie Duggan SHRM-CP
    Lynden Air Freight, Inc.
    Seattle

• 4.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-18-2021 13:03
    Wished they hadn't moved it from Chicago.

• 5.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-19-2021 12:57
    John, I wish it was still in San Diego with Chicago as my 2nd choice.   Neither city could do it though due to Covid.  I hope they're back on the rotation soon.

Lisa Fugelo
    SHRM-CP, PHRca
    HR Manager
    Orbit/FR, Inc.
    Warminster, PA

• 6.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-19-2021 13:23
    Chicago just signed up a major auto show in McCormick Place and another big convention a few weeks ago. Not sure what changed. 

• 7.  RE: SHRM21 Housing Update

Posted 05-19-2021 13:40
    I'm thinking when a final decision between the Chicago convention center and SHRM had to be made, Chicago wasn't able to guarantee that the facility and/or hotels would be able to handle the number of attendees for June.

Lisa Fugelo
    SHRM-CP, PHRca
    HR Manager
    Orbit/FR, Inc.
    Warminster, PA