Volunteer Exchange

Advertisement

Expand all | Collapse all

Star Chapter

• 1.  Star Chapter

Posted 12-07-2018 12:00
    Our local HR chapter is looking to start using Star Chapter and wanted to know if any other chapters have experience with it they could share.

------------------------------
    Stacey Scalf
    HR Manager
    Heron's Key
    Port Orchard WA

• 2.  RE: Star Chapter

Posted 12-07-2018 12:25
    Hi Stacey,

Southwest Washington SHRM is using Star Chapter. They converted earlier this year. I would suggest reaching out to Caryl McMains.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Melissa Faith SHRM-CP
    Technology Director
    Washington State SHRM

• 3.  RE: Star Chapter

Posted 12-08-2018 12:55
    Hello,
    Mohawk Valley SHRM has been using StarChapter since August 2016.  We normally use it daily and have found for membership tracking and event registration SC is very helpful.  Even though it has been 2 years, I am still learning all of StarChapter's capabilities.  There is an online Knowledge Center which for the most part is not as detailed as I would prefer, but you have the ability to enter support tickets to get help.  All of the support is online through e-mail but we have received one call for an in-person session during the past 2 years.  Initially you do have online contact but once you go live it is normally via e-mail.  I have found that formatting for announcements can be tricky and there are a few "quirks" you run into from time to time but again the support tickets help.  If you need more information and would like to talk, we can set up a time by contacting me at info@mvshrm.org

Michele A. LaPorte, SHRM-CP, PHR
    Mohawk Valley SHRM
    2nd VP Membership & Chapter Administrator

• 4.  RE: Star Chapter

Posted 12-09-2018 10:36
    HRA of Greater Oak Brook (IL) uses Starchapter.  I inherited it but I did go through a website upgrade with them.  It's a robust system but you need someone with greater than average technical skills to run it and maintain it.  They have helpful videos  and you can submit tickets for help, but we always run into questions and need help.  There are probably more user friendly systems but it comes  down to taking the time to learn it.

Brendan Nicholls
    VP Employee Benefits Consulting
    Hub International
    Chicago, IL
    brendan.nicholls@hubinternational.com