Message Image  

Employee Relations

Latest Discussions

• As already suggested... 'To foster loyalty and commitment to your organization, include them in all of your incentive and recognition programs, as well as office parties and outings.' Be sure that their needs are met and voices are heard, too...

• I agree, reach out to an employment law attorney. Create a formalized background check policy. If the position the individual was extended an offer to is a “legal one” and not a “teaching one,” please follow the laws that...

• Not to mention that this entire conversation string could be discoverable. You may think that there is no connecting link between you, that employee and this conversation but it really does come down to not knowing what you don't know. ------Original...

• I know you sort of partially mentioned it, but I guess I want to return to this issue. Why is someone that is outside HR doing a search on an incoming employee? And now that you have taken this information and might take action on this, you are feeding...

• This SHRM article is a good start. Take a look at it and if you have follow-up questions, feel free to post back and I'll try to help. ------------------------------ Kathleen Monast ("Anonymonk") Director of Human Resources Ludlow MA

Advertisement