Message Image  

Employee Relations

Latest Discussions

• I would get your executive champion or CEO to agree with you that any legal requirement will be taken seriously and HR will not be the police person. This should be a Managers requirement to equally protect the company from possible penalties. Get...

• We usually give them one week if under 40 years of age. Most do not want to go without a paycheck and sign the next day after being offered the severance. Cheers ------------------------------ Wendy Peterson SHRM-CP Human Resource Director

• _ Tell them that they have until next Friday to complete it, otherwise they will be unemployed. Or they will be placed on unpaid leave.

• Profile Picture

RE: FMLA scenario

_ "The determination of whether an employee meets the hours of service requirement and has been employed by the employer for a total of at least 12 months must be made as of the date the FMLA leave is to start. An employee may be on non-FMLA leave...

1 person recommends this.
  • _ Are these people who were supposed to take the training but didn't? I'd start with the managers and resolve this on a personal, face-to-face letter. A stern letter would backfire with my group. Anonymonk

Advertisement