Employee Relations

Latest Discussions

• You may want to check and see if there is a community resource for disability accommodations. I heard a speaker at an EEOC conference last year in Philadelphia that mentioned that most counties have some type of organization (non profit) like this...

• When you were going through the interviewing/selection process, did she acknowledge the job description and did she say she could perform essential functions with or without accommodation? If you have 15 or more employees, the ADA applies. Right...

• Profile Picture

Half Blind New Hire

Hello, This is a first for me. We have hired an employee who divulged on her first day that she was half blind. She has been training all week and her trainer has expressed concern, as expected. This new hire told the trainer she did not want to...

• Profile Picture

RE: After Termination Meeting

_ I don't conduct exit interviews with employees we terminate. We terminate, review pertinent information and walk them to the door. We don't keep them any longer than we need to. It's not good for them to be stuck sitting in an "exit interview"...

• Profile Picture

RE: Performance Improvement Plan Template

_ I would definitely allow the employee to ask questions since this is the opportunity for improvement. I schedule the meetings usually at the end of the day to not disrupt the work flow and to allow the employee to go home and think about the meeting....

Advertisement