Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Hi Melanie and Cynthia. While you're waiting for some SHRM Connect members to chime in, I'll point you to some resources on the SHRM website. Hope this helps! There are two articles on this resource page that address wage and hour issues: https://www.shrm.org/ResourcesAndTools/hr-topics/risk-management/Pages/workplace-weather-disasters.aspx ...

• ​I am looking for the same! Would love to get some ideas of what other employers do when Natural Disaster situations pop up and how they handle PTO/compensation for non-exempt employees. ------------------------------ Melanie Hoffman HR Manager Milwaukee ...

• I am looking for "best practices" to follow for time to allow someone to miss work and continue to pay during the time after a disaster...we have had a few employees in the affected areas after hurricane Irma.  we would like to establish a policy that ...

• AMEN ------Original Message------ This group is your resource to share ideas, exchange resources, and connect with each other as you navigate through the challenges of preparing for and recovering from extreme weather events and natural ...

• Thank you Becky! The sense of community everywhere has been amazing. Even though there is total devastation in communities everywhere, people are pulling together. Thank you for the kind words. Staying positive no matter what - God is in control. :) ...

Advertisement