Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Erica and others, look to your county emergency planning committee under SARA Title III as well as FEMA. Specifically to Louisville, Jefferson County developed and implemented one of the first such community wide planning groups over 30 years ago and ...

• Daniel, this is a very wide open question but hopefully some tips and direction will be beneficial. Under FEMA every County must have an Emergency Plan for disaster. Many larger cities also have prepared such plans and have Emergency Coordinators or Managers. ...

• As a student member, I am still getting to know the various areas of HR, and one of the things I am working on for a project is preparing for disaster. I worked in a computer data center for a community college, and we did data backups and off site tape ...

• I would recommend a bonus or time off.  As they are exempt, I don't see how either of these would affect their exempt status if the job responsibilities are unchanged from a classification perspective.  However, the bonus will be taxable income.  I would ...

• ​Hi, I work for a utility and we had a large scale disaster happen with our customers.  Due to this, exempt employees who usually work between 40-50 hours a week are working extensive amounts of hours and days in a row.  We were wondering about compensation ...

Advertisement