Message Image  

HR Department of One

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Moonlighting FMLA

I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with an employee who's out on FMLA and is working for second company as contract individual? I checked FMLA regs...it appears that employees can work while out in FMLA as long as the initial employer prohibits...

• Profile Picture

Capability Audit

Hello, I am MBA student and currently enrolled in Strategic Human Resources class. Our discussion topic is Capability Audit. Per my understanding, this is one of the strategic tools that organizations use to evaluate their company's capabilities....

• Excellent point Betty. When we switched WC carriers a couple years ago, they did just that for us - I was surprised to hear that this was something they offered. We took them up on it. It was great to have someone take a look at the work environment...

• I should add, if you contact your worker's comp provider, they can probably set you up with an ergonomic consultant for an evaluation for free. It's in their best interest to prevent claims as well, so they often provide these services to their employer...

• The prior posters have given you great advice about the interactive process, accommodations, ergo evaluations, etc. I will just add that we don't normally fight these kinds of requests but do our best to work with employees to find a work set up that...

Advertisement