Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Emotional Support Animal Accommodation

_ Emotional support animals are not protected under the ADA.  You are within your right to decline her "request" to bring the dog to work.

• Reach out to your employment law counsel. Let me know if you would like a referral. As you are aware. California state law has a bunch of unique rules. I don't know if you need an accommodation if she does not suffer from a disability. Just have your ...

• I would tell her the start date needs to be delayed because of her throwing this wrench into the situation, or at least she needs to start without bringing in the dog.  Here, for example, we would not be able to make such an accommodation because one ...

1 person recommends this.
  • We use it, but it's only regarding whether the employee is paid for that 15-minute increment.  They are still considered late if they punch in after their actual start time.  For example, if the shift starts at 9 and they come in at 9:05, they are paid ...

• _ My human resources policy is that if someone is maintaining credentials for their current position, we usually grant them the time which is agreed with the approval of their supervisor providing the time away does not have any negative impact on the ...

Advertisement