Organizational & Employee Development

Latest Discussions

• I'd ditch the numbers. Who wants to be a number? Nobody wants to be a 3--they think that's average. Numbers are impersonal. Consider using--Exceptional year, solid year,  Needs improvement.  Secondly, I'd recommend moving to quarterly reviews (if you're ...

• hi - Was it Amy Hirsh Robinson? ------------------------------ Deborah Jeffries SHRM-CP HR Answers, Inc. Tigard OR ------------------------------

• One observation for you from making the change from a 5 level rating system to something else....like say 4. I actually like even numbers because it forces the manager/supervisor to pick a side.  Is the employee performing/meeting expectations or not ...

• TLDR:   Keep the scale.  You are likely to cause many more problems eliminating it.  Work, instead with your leaders to ensure everyone understands what a 5 is, what it means, when to use it and why ratings of this level matter to the organization and ...

• _ Hi, I am revising the performance evaluation form we use at my company.  While I think that some numerical ratings are good, I am struggling with the elusive "5" rating (where 1 = Unsatisfactory, 2 = Needs Improvement, 3 = Satisfactory/Meets Expectations, ...

Advertisement