Compensation

Latest Discussions

• Really? Attendance issues are really clear in my mind.  Unless they have a medical issue or something else that requires additional consideration/accomodation treat them as adults that have a job they need to keep. That means showing up for work on time ...

• Profile Picture

Probationary Period and Unemployement

_ We recently let an employee go during their initial 90 day probationary period almost a month ago. This person called today asking about unemployment. Would they be eligible? Is there a required number of hours they need to work to be eligible? We ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Discipline options for tardiness

_ I worked at a company with a point system. It is pretty cut and dry, there was a 5 min window, but if you where late you where late and if you lost your job because of it, it was your own fault. Our points came back on the day we lost them so it was ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Salaried Non-Exempt

_ I disagree that they be treated as an exempt employee.  Their classification is salaried, non-exempt, therefore, any time worked over 40 hours must be paid at an overtime rate. However, if they do not work the agreed upon work week, they may use PTO ...

• I would handle them the same way you handle salary exempt.  You can't deduct a partial day's pay for a salaried employee because they missed a few hours--whether they're exempt or not.   You can offset it with benefit time but they should be paid for ...

Advertisement