Message Image  

Compensation

Latest Discussions

• (Reposting because I didn't get any responses - just in case someone out there has some thoughts!) I work for a small nonprofit and I manage both HR and accounting. We are budgeting for 2017 and we are finding that next year is shaping up to be tight...

• Profile Picture

RE: Christmas

_ There is nothing Illinois specific. It would depend on your own holiday pay policy. Typically if the holiday falls on the Saturday, we recognize on Friday and if it falls on Sunday, we recognize on Monday. We always determine the next year holiday...

• The FLSA doesn't regulate PTO. Since the FWW involves paying someone a fixed salary, there are rules for when you can make deductions but you can still use PTO to keep the salary whole . ------------------------------ Kathleen Monast ("Anonymonk")...

• I agree with you, that these are the costs of doing business. I'd rather put my effort and time into a driver retention program. In some states the authorization may not hold water - either because it wasn't signed at the time the deduction was made...

• Profile Picture

RE: Christmas

If there's a law it's at the state level, and even then it might only apply to state agencies. Run a search for "Illinois Paid Holiday Laws" or something like that. ------------------------------ Kathleen Monast ("Anonymonk") Director of Human Resources...

Advertisement