Community Home

Advertisement

Latest Discussions

• I'd check the state laws, they may offer short term disability through the state. I would push back on the manager and would take into account the time and cost to replace the employee. I don't know the extent of the injury, how it happened, why or other ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Need Guidance

_ Hi there, I've been in a similar situation and may be able to help a little.  What industry is the company in, location and product type? Based on that information and checking with your manager/CEO etc., there are a few things you could work on.  ...

• Profile Picture

Need Guidance

_ I started a new job this year for a company that had never had HR before.  I came in and did all of the HR audits and have been learning the culture and getting to know the employees.  We are a small company with less than 50 employees.  I'm at a point ...

• _ Is there some sort of issue with the employee's performance?  Is this a legitimate need for time off? I would push back with the manager. The company I work for makes every effort to keep people employed if at all possible. So if the person has been ...

• _ I have an employee who has not yet made it to their 1 year and they have no short-term disability. They need to be off work for the next month due to an injury, (non-work related). I would assume just give him the time off - and expect him back at ...