Benefits

Latest Discussions

• The only place I would keep a non-standard PTO policy is in the payroll system so the accruals can be correctly calculated. At my last company we had a standard policy and then several additional policies labeled to match the extra PTO given as part of ...

• _ We have our handbook written with policies vague enough that if our benefits plan changes we don't have to rewrite the whole book. For life insurance, STD, and LTD, we have different tiers for different employees.  So our handbook states that each ...

• We look at the job and build the description to reflect that.  We use regional salary surveys but do not rely solely on those, more of a benchmark.  I find some survey job descriptions more narrow that the positions we have, so when gauging rates, we ...

• _ We do distinguish between owners & managers (1 group) and all others (Group2) when it comes to LTD and Group Term life. Owners (2 of us) get 4 weeks (and that's after 40+ years tenure) all others get 2 weeks/year and 3 weeks @ 5 years. Hourly staff ...

• You are invited to join a free CFPB FinEx Webinar on protecting against and recovering from identity theft and scams. The webinar will take place Thursday, December 16, 2021, from 2:00-3:30 p.m. ET. Join us to hear how identity theft and scams target ...

Advertisement