Benefits

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

ACA and Coverage for Children?

_ Hi, all: New to HR here, wanting to make sure I've got benefits info straight. An employee has submitted a qualifying event to have his son added to his insurance, but mentioned that he's pretty sure under the ACA, minors are covered for vision ...

• _ Significant increase in cost of coverage is also a QE.  Seems like the case here. Anonymous,  09-20-2017 13:09 Good point.  I think I would call your insurance company on this one.  Voluntarily dropping COBRA is not a QLE, but in this ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Employee on FML not returning to work

_ I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.  Are you saying you have an employee out on FMLA, say for 4 weeks using paid leave during that time.  At 3 weeks out they notify you that they will not be returning, thus submitting their resignation effective ...

• Profile Picture

Employee on FML not returning to work

_ I have an employee out on FMLA and our company requires employees to take their paid time during FMLA before allowing unpaid time off. If the employee decides not to come back to work while on FMLA but only uses their sick, personal, and vacation time ...

• Profile Picture

403b TPA services

My client is a small nonprofit based in the DC area. Their 403b plans are with TIAA-CREF and they are having a hard time finding someone to perform TPA services who has experience working with TIAA. Please let me know if you have any good recommendations! ...

Advertisement