Benefits

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

HRA Advice

We are a small company (less than 30 ee's).  We are offering a health plan with an HRA feature for the first time for the upcoming plan year.  We, the employer, will be on the hook for the first $500 in deductibles, and that HRA part will be administered ...

• Be careful on offering PTO vs Vacation/Sick time.   The trend is turning to move back to separate Vacation and Sick time based on local rules on required sick pay.​ ------------------------------ Jeffrey Lucas Employee Benefits Advisor CSNW Benefits ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Vacation/PTO Policy Help

_ Hi, I also work in the hospitality industry and I have found that the PTO is on the lower end. We currently offer 5 vacation days and 2 sick days to an employee their first year, year 2 is 10 vacation days and 2 sick days, and year 6 is 15 vacation ...

• Profile Picture

Vacation/PTO Policy Help

_ I have been with my company for a little over a year now. We are a hotel management company.  Our current Vacation policy is 1 week after a year 2 week after 2 years 3 weeks after 5 years. This seems a little on the low side and I am wanting to propose ...

• Hi all. Is there a sequence required by some regulation under which benefit deductions must be taken? For example, is an employer required to take 401(k)/retirement contribution deduction first, medical premium second, and so forth? Also, if there is ...

Advertisement