Benefits

Latest Discussions

• _ We have had self-funded (but reinsured) health/dental/vision plans for decades and it has worked well for us. However, due to a business slowdown coupled with systems efficiencies, our employee numbers are down considerably. We are considering moving ...

• Pursue FMLA first, if it applies. Start with the supervisor to confirm what's going on, then talk to the employee. ------------------------------ Kathleen Monast ("Anonymonk") Director of Human Resources East Coast Tile Imports, Inc. Ludlow MA ------------------------------

• Your stated " The new vendor was not helpful and pretty old school on testing ." Already a red flag. ------------------------------ Colleen Martin, PHR, SHRM-CP, ARM Houston, Texas ------------------------------

• per the DOL you are allowed to have a human resources professional, a leave administrator, another health care provider, or a management official to contact the health care provider to authenticate or to clarify the certification. For example, the ...

• We fill out the necessary paperwork on their first day i.e. w-4, IT-4, emergency contact form, etc as well as review the benefits package. I encourage them to go home and review the information I've given them especially if a spouse will be covered so ...

Advertisement