Risk Management

Latest Discussions

• Hello All,  We are hosting a Webinar on July 15th focusing on "Legalized Marijuana and the Workplace" with Employment Attorney Erica Storm. This is one of the most asked topics by clients on the HR hotline we sponsor. With NYS legalizing and many states ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Do I ask for a doctor's note?

_ Agree 100% with Anonymonk, especially since she's a lifeguard and is responsible for potentially saving someone else's life.

• Profile Picture

_ I'm compelled to ask why you would allow a parent to call in unless they are on the payroll?  That is something we don't allow; the employee must call in.  Next, I would require the employee to talk to her supervisor so they can have a 2-way conversation, ...

• Profile Picture

_ I wouldn't require a "note" as proof that she needed the time off.  I would require medical clearance that she is able to perform the physical duties of her job.  Without that, I wouldn't allow her to work.   Again, this wouldn't be because I needed ...

• Profile Picture

Do I ask for a doctor's note?

_ Hi, Here is my situation, we had a part-time EE call in over the weekend (Saturday shift) because she had an ACT prep class to go to, she couldn't find anyone to cover her shift. So her mom calls and states that EE has fallen and possibly has a concussion. ...

Advertisement