Global

Latest Discussions

• ​In organizations that I have worked at, I have encouraged the payment of overtime even though holiday premium is paid.  In  your example, if you do not pay overtime for the hours worked on Saturday - it diminishes the holiday premium.  In addition, when ...

• Dear Colleagues,  I welcome suggestions about Global / International HR Training that I can take.  It will need to be online training unless there is something local to my area in Vancouver, BC, Canada.  Please share your ideas and/or where you have ...

• We recently implemented a new practice of paying a holiday premium rate of time and 1/2 for all hours worked on company recognized holidays.  During the week of July 4th we had the following scenario: Employee worked 8 hours each day M, Tu, W, Th, F, ...

• Hi, As you haven't got a works council in France I presume based on your question that you have a European works council and that your question relates to this works council? If this is the case there is no need to consult on this individual French termination ...

• Profile Picture

Termination in France

_ ​I run HR for a global software company with HQ in USA (Texas). We have 1 employee in France (a pre sales technical consultant), but due to business conditions and financial state of the Company we have decided to eliminate the position. The employee ...

Advertisement