Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Is this too much to ask for?

_ ​OP here. Thank you all. Validation.  I manage HR and HSE for 110 employees.  I work typically 50 hours a week (actually cut back my hours recently) and make 52k/yr.  I work in Mfg in PA.  I need to find a gig that is not Mfg.  I don't make enough ...

• We don't offer sick leave, just PTO.  The ee accrues 40 hours by the end of their first year.  Year 2, 3 and 4 accrue 80 hours.  And years 5 or more accrue 120.  Carryover is capped at 40, 80 and 120 as well.  If you're sick, you can use PTO if you have ...

• Do you calculate OT on hours paid or on hours worked? ------------------------------ Roberta Weingarten, PHR, SHRM-CP ------------------------------

• I have an employee who has worked 54 hrs this week.  However, 24 of these hrs are vacation hrs.  I would like to know standard practices from others, would you pay him 14 hours of OT? ------------------------------ Shelley Gage Human Resources Manager ...

• If they meet the FLSA definition of interns, they are not employees and so are not subject to tax withholding from this kind of payment, so they would not fill out form W-4, which is for tax withholding.  They should fill out form W9 so you can report ...

Advertisement