Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Wage & Hour/Exempt Employee/Half Day Off

_ Good Afternoon -  Never in my previous work-life, as an EXEMPT employee, have I been required to use PTO for an afternoon off work.  Previous employers have paid full day, regular wages, regardless of number of hours worked in a day. New employer ...

• Profile Picture

RE: New Bill - Changes to FMLA

_ I am not sure why you are shocked. Do you believe that if a part-time employee is out with a serious medical condition they should lose their job? It also would apply to employers with more than 500 employees so hopefully, they have enough HR staff ...

• Good Morning!  I've researched the information/website available regarding this new law in 2020 as it applies to Washington State.  The website states, " While you're out, you will receive payments from the state based on a percentage of your typical ...

• Profile Picture

RE: ADA Leave, COBRA, Open Enrollment

_ If she doesn't elect and pay for COBRA, she loses the coverage through the end of your plan year.  Open enrollment is for coverage that begins with the new plan year and I would give her the opportunity to enroll.  If you are an ALE under the ACA (50+ ...

• Profile Picture

RE: New Bill - Changes to FMLA

_ "I wish these government people had to live the nightmare bills they pass."   You poor baby. I can only imagine the inconvenience this will be to you just so the huge number of part-time employees, who are underpaid and under appreciated, can have ...

Advertisement