Employee Relations

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Employee Following Manager After Work

_ I went through this, but between two employees.  One had filed a racial / sexual harassment claim against her former lover / co-worker.  He was following her during their non-work hours.  Our attorney advised us that while we couldn't control what ...

• Sarah gives excellent advice.  I have just one question - in what state?  Some states do have pregnancy disability laws. ------------------------------ Please use "Reply" (not "Reply to Sender") when you want your response to be shared in the entire ...

• Profile Picture

RE: FMLA or ADA?

Pregnancy in and of itself is not a disability under the ADA.  However, if there are complications related to the pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. those could be considered disabilities. Are you sure that you can't reasonably accommodate ...

• I wouldn't do anything but advise the manager to make sure that they take steps to protect themselves and to contact local law enforcement.  Chances are pretty high that local law enforcement won't do anything unless a specific and directed threat has ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Employee Following Manager After Work

_ That's disturbing.  How do you know that the manager was followed?  What is the history with this employee and the manager? Is there a chance that it was a coincidence?  Was the employee just heading in the same general direction?

Advertisement