Employee Relations

Latest Discussions

• I think that is a normal way for him to feel, and sending her home and waiting for "cooler heads to prevail" is never a bad move.  They can pay her for whatever policy or union contract calls for.  My phone is on 24/7/365.  I really do not have to handle ...

• Profile Picture

RE: ER Playbook

Hi Tanya - I applaud your proactive thought process to provide you team with some tools to help navigate employee relations issues that might arise within your organization.  There is a growing need to train and educate supervisors and managers in these ...

• Profile Picture

RE: ER Playbook

Hi Tanya, Your post is interesting. I am not in agreement with the approach that your organization seeks to take. In order for managers to be equipped to handle ER matters would require extensive training. Even if they were trained, a decentralized system ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Bereavement Leave after pregnancy loss

_ We do not explicitly outline "miscarriage" in our bereavement policy, but we do outline what familial relationships are allowed under the policy, which does include children, step-children, and grandchildren.

• Profile Picture

RE: Manager solo - employee issue - guidance

_ Thank you! This manager is extremely hesitant about handling these issues alone and feels that someone should be there as a witness when these issues arise.

Advertisement