Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Temp. layoff and Unemployment Benefits

_ My company plans to lay off about 100 people for 1 week.  we want to do it spread over 2 weeks.  For example, 3 days one week and 2 days the next week.  Does anyone know if it would be better to do the layoff all in the same week as it would relate ...

• ​We have employees in over 30 states.  Looking for a resource that will provide compliance guidance per state.  Also interested in how other employers with employees in multiple states manage the differing state by state labor laws. ------------------------------ ...

• Profile Picture

Postponing hire date

_ When we hire new EEs we do it in batches of 12.  This is because we have a strict/intense 3 week training class that they take in a classroom on our site. We have a group of 12 that have gone through the application interviews and they were ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Payroll concessions

_ That's not going to work. You can't not pay them for work, even if they volunteer. You'd have to terminate them, so they are not employees during the "volunteer" week. Even if they are open to the arrangement now, if they ever decide to sue, you'd ...

• Profile Picture

Payroll concessions

_ My company is struggling financially a little right now.  We have quite a few long term EEs whom want to see the company pull through.  My owner asked if it would be OK if we had an agreement with some of the EEs to donate a week's work to the company.  ...

Advertisement