Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Union -employees

Hello All I've been presented with an opportunity for an HRM. Union employees can someone share what I should know about unions to prepare for the interview and really consider the role? ------------------------------ Tamill HR Manager North Bergen, ...

• _ My organization provides, but does not pay for any spouse or family coverage.   We also cover the first 4% of any increase that we receive on an annual basis and the remainder is passed on to the employee. Our current plan is very rich and to add ...

• ​Hello, We are considering outsourcing our Labor Relations function. Has anyone else done this?  Recommendations for providers?  Thank you in advance for any information or recommendations! Colleen ------------------------------ Colleen Callies SHRM-SCP ...

• Profile Picture

Verbal Advisory

_ ​​The company I work for has a disciplinary process outlined as such: verbal advisory; 1st warning; 2nd warning; 3rd warning The verbal advisor is issued in writing...I consider it still a "verbal" warning.  I'm thinking they must put it in writing ...

• Profile Picture

Union Meeting with Non Performing Employee

_ ​​I'm new to labor relations.  I have a new employee who is using profanity in the workplace and refusing to "clean" which is noted in his job description.  I met with Management yesterday and was going to meet with the employee after the meeting but ...

Advertisement