Community Home

Latest Discussions

• We went from PTO and then back to vacation and sick.  I think the downside of PTO is that it can be challenging to manage it appropriately to where there is time when needed/if needed to be out unplanned.  That can cause stress with unpaid time on the ...

• Our company is a unionized job shop and we will be going into negotiations soon. As I plan for this, I am aware that our current vacation plan is not competitive so I am preparing to propose an increase. Would any of you be willing to share what your ...

• Greetings Your Feedback Needed! Are you an HR Professional who feels challenged to understand employees of different generations' frustrations when they believe you are not hearing, supporting, or understanding their workplace concerns? When it ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Profile Picture

RE: Physically Fit for Position

_ You can implement a fit for duty program- but then it should be for anyone who is required to do physical activity and not just certain employees. If someone is no longer able to do a certain job within their position, it should be treated as an ADA ...

• An employer has the right to expect employees to be capable of performing the essential functions of the job. Employees have the right to be granted a reasonable accommodation to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job. Similarly, employees ...

Advertisement