Community Home

Latest Discussions

• I work in healthcare in Southern California, and our union is threatening to strike.  Does anyone have any recommendations for staffing firms that specialize in "strike" staffing in situations like these?  I'd be primarily looking for nursing (RN, LVN, ...

• Hello all, I have a new HR role that is strictly labor relations. I will start hearing grievances soon. I was wondering if anyone has devised a system to keep up with what decisions were made about particular articles of a contract either by the person ...

• Hello Everyone, I really need some advice from Union experts, I'm new to Unions so please be gentle. Issue terminating two union employees: We are merging two departments that house two union employees that will be RIF, next week with the option to ...

• Advice from a "BEST IN CLASS" HR Leader While somewhat beyond the scope of this particular issue/message thread, this somewhat dated article may be useful, providing "food for thought." The message is that PSL, depending on organizational policy ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Labor Unions vs FMLA

_ OP here - I agree that SHRM is not the best for legal advice :)  I just meant that it is refreshing to have other people at least agree or disagree with my thinking, which pushes me in the direction I want to pursue for actual legal input.  If everyone ...

Advertisement