Community Home

Latest Discussions

• ​I am new into an HRBP role that has a couple of union covered facilities.  I'd like to gain more competence in this role through both practical application (already participated in a bargaining agreement extension), but is there a course or professional ...

• Much of our ability to manage our Labor Relations is having continued conversations and positive but firm relationship with our union and their leadership.  It takes time to build trust and capability to balance the needs of both the business and the ...

• Hello. Hoping that someone is willing to share.  Looking for examples of non-points based attendance policy for manufacturing or shop personnel; ideally union environment.  Is anyone willing to share their policy? ------------------------------ KT in ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Contract vs. Company Handbook, Vacation

_ It depends on the actual language.  If the contract says vacation mus be approved - great, but it doesn't say by whom.   That means the company can assign whomever it chooses.  If the request is less than two weeks it gets approved by X.  If it's more ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Employee Injury

_ Whether or not this is a workers' comp case depends on your state regs.  I would file it and let the carrier decide.  Don't forget to issue FMLA paperwork, if that applies. Anonymonk

Advertisement