Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Family Medical Leave

_ ​I have an employee who took Family Medical Leave to care for his mother who has Alzheimers.  She lives in Puerto Rico, the employee lives in the States.  The employee advised me the caregiver is his sibling.  Is this covered under the Family Medical ...

• Hello! We currently employ a few remote workers out of the State of MN.  My role has been new to the organization and I have not been able to address the possibility of what the labor law implications would be for these workers.  We are also currently ...

• I does help, thank you! ------------------------------ Crystal Beggs ------------------------------

• It is not unusual for employers to require a leave while an investigation is pending, which could include the final decision pending as well (if this goes to litigation, you may need to provide documentation that the investigation took place). I strongly ...

• Profile Picture

RE: At-Will Termination

_ You don't have to write every single potential violation into a handbook in order to terminate for that violation. If this is as serious as you state, then I would terminate for that reason. And I would prefer that you not wait. Is the supervisor's ...

1 person recommends this.

Advertisement