Community Home

Latest Discussions

• What are the best practices for contracts? I'm in DC with a small business 33 ee's.  What are the things to know so that we don't misclassify. I want to comply but don't have a full understanding of the regulations. ------------------------------ Ellen ...

• Hello, If we registered for the conference in Chicago have our registrations automatically been counted toward Las Vegas or do we need to re-register? ------------------------------ Crystal Christy New York NY ------------------------------

• We are a small company employing approximately 60 people.  I've wondered about our firm's options for (1) asking employees if they have received the vaccine and (2) mandating that all employees get the vaccine.  I've read that the argument against mandating ...

• Hello Johnny and others! I am a 23 year old HR generalist here in Anchorage, Alaska. I am taking my first SHRM exam the beginning of May, and would love some advice. As you know, there is A LOT of material to study. Although I am going through all the ...

• Profile Picture

Benefits while on STD

I have an employee that came to me with a question regarding benefits and STD. His wife was on FMLA July 2020 due to cancer. She will be using her last week of FMLA and going on STD due to heart problems. Can an employer cancel your benefits while on ...

Advertisement