SHRM Research

Advertisement

Latest Discussions

• The short answer is Yes. However, decisions like that often have a negative effect on company culture. I would ask myself, "why am I considering forcing PTO?" Is it because employees are not taking time off, and there's a looming PTO liability? Then ...

• Hi, Looking for industry trends in the travel and tourism industry and I have a few questions: 1. Do you do in-house urine or saliva tests vs off-site facility.  Why/why not? 2. Random testing - what percentage do you do per year or quarter etc. 3. ...

• ​​New York regulations require implementing mandatory health screening assessment with an suggestion for on-site screeners trained by the employer (identified individuals familiar with CDC, DOH, and OSHA protocols).  Can anyone share how they are implementing ...

• AssuredPartners is continuing our Town Hall webinar series with an Employee Benefits focused event covering Questions & Answers ranging from: Paid leave under FFCRA COBRA questions Unemployment under CARES Act Impact and modeling ...

• Hi, Our company is contemplating a force shutdown during Christmas and New Years.  We have many remote employees around the US.  Can the company force the employees to use PTO during this shutdown?  What is the norm among companies? ------------------------------ ...