SHRM Research

Latest Discussions

• This is a policy we're scrutinizing as we rewrite a very outdated employee handbook. Because two employees are now married to each other, and one has a very senior position over the manager of the spouse, this is as far as we have gotten: Where two ...

• Good Morning, I work for a Credit Union in North Carolina.  Currently we do not hire relatives of persons currently employed by the organization.  Does anyone else have a similar policy?  I'm trying to build a case for changing that policy to state that ...

• If the employee has to take time to drain these bags, then that is not a "full release".   I would question the doctor on the full release that was given and request an updated release that indicates ANY restrictions that the drain bags create.  It ...

• We have an employee that has let us know they have received a full release from their doctor but with several drains in place. This means there are bags of fluid which could be visible to others and the employee would have to drain throughout the day ...

• Profile Picture

RE: DC FMLA

D.C. Universal Paid Family Leave Law Now In Effect By Guy Brenner and Ryan Hutzler on April 12, 2017 Posted in Workplace Policies and Procedures On April 7, 2017, the D.C. Universal Paid Leave Amendment Act of 2016 ...

Advertisement