Diversity & Inclusion

Latest Discussions

• Carletta, thank you for sharing your incredibly valuable insight. It has been my experience that addressing perception plays such an important role in any initiative. Perception is why we hear horrific accounts of harassment at institutions such as universities, ...

• As is being pointed out there is  a  need to customize your approach to fit your company culture. Your hiring  practice is  simple and seemingly  fair.  It is also what is required legally.  Choosing the right person for the job is a major component  ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Profile Picture

RE: EDIB Committee

_ We established an executive sponsor (CEO) and then selected a cross-functional group of managers.  Our CEO was adamant, he did not want an overzealous drive toward selected "underrepresented" groups or targeting specific ethnic minorities.  Our task ...

• EDIB committee is a wonderful idea and a beginning.  However, I am hoping that the C suite is totally committed.  Once that commitment is made, the task is in most cases is  being directed by HR.  The committee itself needs to be educated or it's akin ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Hi Bri, Every company that I have worked with has had a different approach to forming a DEI committee as well as the expectations for the committee. To me, it begins with forming a baseline in order to get a sense of where things are at the moment. At ...

Advertisement