Diversity & Inclusion

Latest Discussions

• I would not ask for this information. IMHO, collecting demographic information is not relevant for committee participation and will likely send the wrong message (i hope) that you are interested in checking boxes. I think it's more important when assessing ...

• _ ​What a wonderful way to document that your organization is collecting data about all sorts of things that are not required by law.  Not an approach I would follow.

• Having an internal DEI Committee and launching diversity and inclusion (sensitivity) programs is terrific.  Your concern is well noted as it can lead to issues down the road.  There may be two solutions that you can utilize without getting to the merits ...

• _ We have established a DEI committee.  To be a part of this committee we want to ask employees to complete an "application".  On the application, we want to ask the individual to identify themselves using specific demographic information.  I understand ...

• Profile Picture

D & I Initiatives

Hello All, I am the new D & I committee of our SHRM chapter in Tallahassee, Fl.  I have just been selected as the new chair.  I am looking for input on some impactful initiatives you have implemented for your respective chapter.  We are trying to educate ...

Advertisement