Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Attendance Points System and COVID

_ We have eased up on our attendance infractions for COVID related absences. We don't want them to come to work sick or exposed then potentially expose co-workers. On the back side we do require documentation that they were out due to COVID so that they ...

• _ We sent out a notification of recall to the employees that were not responding to our phone calls. In the letter we gave them the date they needed to return to work and the start time (found letter on the SHRM page under tools). They then were informed ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Requiring Flu Vaccinations

_ I wouldn't think that legally you can mandate somebody to get a flu shot if it's not in your field of work. You should reach out to an attorney but if my employer mandated it, I would be furious. That's a health decision that employees should make.  ...

• I am an employer in California. We have some employees who have been on leave for COVID-related reasons, in some cases more than 6 months. We have already paid them all eligible leave pay. We have contacted all of them as to their plans to return, but ...

• Profile Picture

Attendance Points System and COVID

_ Hi All, We have a points system for attendance.  We are pretty strict about it and have progressive discipline.   I am wondering if we need to ease up on the policy since we do not want folks coming to work sick.   Has anyone made adjustments to their ...

Advertisement