Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Eye Strain

Reach out to your workers comp clinic and ask for recommendations. With vision, you need to vary your field of vision to exercise your eyes throughout the day. ------------------------------ Laura Henderson North County HR San Diego, California 760-390-7357 ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Retail FLSA classifications

_ Short answer - you should most likely pay them as hourly, nonexempt. In CA you must do exempt duties 50%+ of the time to meet the exemption requirements. I'm not sure what your retail establishment is but they likely spend a lot of time doing "line ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Unemployment Appeal?

_ I recently did and won! It took about a half a day of travel, hearing, prep. I wrote a blog post about it here:  http://www.northcountyhr.com/blog . Different circumstances (stealing time). Good luck!

• Profile Picture

RE: Anti BYOD policy?

_ Hi Mary,  We currently use 8x8 as our phone system and also use it as an app on our employees' mobile phones. This system allows our employees to physically use their personal phones but have a separate business line that goes directly to them via ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Anti BYOD policy?

_ Hi Jennifer,  Thank you for your response. We are an IT consulting company and work with various high profile clients. We are wanting to prohibit the use of employees using their personal devices for work-related purposes because it does pose a high ...

Advertisement