Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Fully Paid Leave for Pregnancy

_ My employer would like to provide full pay for maternity leave.  If the employee provides us with the proper CFRA/FMLA paperwork, plans to take 12 weeks, and is  approved for state SDI, what's the best way to make sure we are paying the salary in full ...

• >You can withhold pay until he/she returns the laptop.  This is not legal in CA. You can only withhold final pay that is in dispute (e.g. EE claims they worked 36 hours in final week, while their timecard shows they worked only 30). You'd have to go ...

• Profile Picture

Minimum Wage Increease 01/01/2019

_ Hello All, I have a clarification question. I'm trying to figure out which minimum wage requirement I would need to adhere to. I started my position on January 2nd so I need to ensure my new company is in compliance. The clinic I work for has the ...

• Profile Picture

Outcast

_ An employee just gave her 2 weeks notice.  She shared with me all her reasons, a large one of which was that she has been treated as an outcast within her department.  Nobody talks to her.  The backstory is that she indirectly brought a potential harassment ...

• One can use the waiver. However  under Brinker, it just has to be provided. The waiver can be used to waive the provision, assuming all other requirements are met. ------------------------------ Michael Trust, MPA, SPHR, PHRca, SHRM-SCP Human Resources ...

Advertisement