Community Home

Latest Discussions

• I'm interested in your thoughts and best practices regarding the use of company-issued vs. personal cell phones for HR professionals. Our company has a BYOD policy, so team members who qualify for a company cell phone can use their own phone instead of ...

• When I have been faced with this scenario, I've chosen to use biometric scanners - palm readers and have a clock for every so many employees at each entrance so that employees could get through the line quickly and easily without incorrect punches. ...

• Profile Picture

Timekeeping Practices

I am interested in finding out more from others on how timekeeping is done in large manufacturing facilities with a large number of employees.  Do you have swiping machines that are used to cut back on the time it takes employees to log in/out of a system? ...

• Profile Picture

HELP! CA Employee and Last Day Paid

_ We work by contracts.  Employee hourly assignment end (not employment).  We were trying to find new work and could not.  We are paying employee for the termination date but not for the other days there was no worked performed.  Final paycheck will ...

• Profile Picture

personal emails

_ Can employers in CA require that employees provide a personal email address for contact?  We have a few jobs that need relatively fast replies of large numbers of employees.  Calling employees at home has been too cumbersome, waiting for return calls, ...

Advertisement