Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Absolutely. You don't need to test for every position you recruit for, but you need to be consistent and test all candidates for any given position you want to test for. We're a law firm. We give Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook tests to every secretarial ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Pre-employment assessment testing

_ At my last employer we only had the finalists for the position take the skills assessment.  If you know a candidate isn't qualified, why waste their time and give them the mistaken impression that they are still being considered.  That seems dishonest ...

• It's not illegal, it's just a bad practice. You can't do anything with it until post offer and it's putting the applicant at risk for identity theft. ------------------------------ Lynnette Morrow, SHRM-CP HR/Office Manager Christian Wheeler Engineering ...

• Interesting question. Everyone I know took it off years ago but I don't see a law that requires it. There are laws about how the number is treated once you have it, so maybe we all did it to make it safer. ------------------------------ Alicia Chatman ...

• I think it's a great idea to do it, but the sick time usage/balance is the required time off posting. ------------------------------ Alicia Chatman SHRM-SCP, SPHR, PHRca Runyon Saltzman, Inc. HR Manager Sacramento, CA USA ------------------------------

Advertisement