Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Overtime Question

Because it is a state law,  the calculation is actually two times the STATE's minimum wage, which is currently $14.00. So no matter where you are in the state, to be an exempt employee, your salary can not fall below $58,240.  For example, I am in LA ...

• Profile Picture

_ The prior responder is correct. Wages must be 2x minimum wage and the minimum wage varies in the state.  Where I am (Orange County) the minimum wage is $14.00 so the minimum salary requirement for a salaried exempt position is $58,240.00. Hope that ...

• _ Hello, our office has less than 25 employees. I am trying to determine what are we supposed to be offering in regards to Covid-19 leaves? Does anyone have a chart or anything that might come in handy. We are in LA county. I'm starting to feel lost ...

• Our company has downsized our office and made the decision to remain predominantly remote going forward (even post-COVID). Does anyone have suggested resources for adjusting the IIPP to cover remote workers too and in-office workers? Currently, our IIPP ...

• Profile Picture

_ Here is some information regarding the qualifications of an exempt employee ( I assume that is what you are asking). One criteria is wages, must be 2X minimum wage. https://www.calchamber.com/california-labor-law/exempt-nonexempt-employees

Advertisement