Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Dear Northern California SHRM Members, My name is Kathey Dufek.  I am a Doctoral student in the School of Education at Drexel University Sacramento.  I am contacting you to invite you to be a possible participant in a research project that I am conducting. ...

• Hi all, I attended the 2015 SHRM conference (in Vegas) and attended a California HR pre-conference seminar. I earned 14.75 PDCs for attending this. (It's the only thing in my PDC history worth exactly 14.75 PDCs.) 6/29/2015 6/29/2015 ...

• Are you referring to CA sick leave or a specific city sick leave law like SF? CA sick leave has an accrual cap of 48 hours or 6 days per year. CA sick leave also has a usage cap which permits employers to limit the amount of PSL an employee can use to ...

• ​Hi Gina: If you have the time, you could read books that have been approved for credits and take the 10 question quiz.  However, I think each book is only worth 2.5 recert credits, so you'd have to read three of them.  Good luck! ------------------------------ ...

• We treat hours worked on a holiday the same, whether there is a holiday or not. In addition to the worked hours, we also pay the holiday pay. The net effect of paying both is double the pay for the same hours.  No need to pay and overtime-type premium ...

Advertisement