Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Maternity Leave FMLA eligible

_ I have an employee that will be out on maternity leave. The employee is eligible for FMLA.  I don't believe the employee needs to complete the medical certificate anymore or provide a return to work note.  Do you mark that the employee needs to provide ...

• Profile Picture

RE: 2 reasons for FMLA?

_ Yes, the above are correct. I had this happen in my company just this year. An employee who has intermittent FMLA to take care of an ill spouse had to take time off for a surgery of their own. They had to fill out separate FMLA forms including the ...

• Hours of Service Requirement (Q) Does the time I take off for vacation, sick leave or PTO count toward the 1,250 hours? The 1,250 hours include only those hours actually worked for the employer. Paid leave and unpaid leave, including FMLA leave, ...

• I do not know what state you are in but here are the OSHA requirements I pulled from a SHRM article. Quantity The number of toilets required is determined by the number of employees at the worksite. Companies with 15 or fewer employees are required ...

• Profile Picture

RE: releasing an employee on ltd

_ Have you gone through the ADA process with the employee to determine if there is an actual return to work date where you could offer additional leave as a possibly accommodation? If not, then I would do that. If there is no firm return to work date ...

Advertisement