Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Two pay rates

Anywhere from pretty straight forward to very complicated depending on how the details work out.  You can absolutely pay an employee 1 rate for this type of work and a different rate for that type of work.  Watch for Overtime as that rate will need to ...

• If you feel that you can't pitch it hard enough to the owner (this would help to eliminate the "car excuse" problems), then I would turn to AAA for whatever sales materials they have that you can pass along to employees.  If you put it in as part of the ...

• OP here - This is a very special crowd. The managers do write up employees for call offs and unexcused absences but then it goes nowhere. It never gets to the termination stage because we are so short staffed and the CEO wants "warm bodies" in the position. ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Fit for Duty Test

_ "Employers that require physical agility or physical fitness tests may ask an employee to have a physician certify whether s/he can safely perform the test.  (63)  In this situation, however, the employer is entitled to obtain only  a note simply ...

• Hi all. A client of mine is interested in installing a fit for duty test. I know that if it's considered a "medical exam" these must be conducted post-offer. However, under certain circumstances, you can conduct physical agility and/or physical fitness ...

Advertisement