Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

New Virginia Overtime Wage Law

_ Hello! Looking at the new VA Overtime Wage Law, it seems that this law also applies to exempt employees. Can anyone clarify on this, as I have clients in the restaurant industry who work 50 hours a week, are exempt and don't get paid OT. This would ...

• If the spouse is qualified and ends up being the best candidate, just to clarify things to prevent future disputes, I would have the person sign a short document stating that they understand they and their spouse will not be able to have the same days ...

• This sounds like one of those situations where the younger kids are punished because of their older siblings mistakes. I am only child so I dont have personal experience but it seems like kids hate that. Your employees dont want to hear that you think ...

• Washington just passed the legislation this week, but won't affect us at all.  There is absolutely no requirement that a private company offer any paid holiday. ------------------------------ David Liesse, EA Skingco Services, Inc Federal Way WA --- ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Hiring a current employees spouse

_ Do you have a resume on the spouse? Is he/she even qualified for the role? If so and you are interested then I would set the parameters about taking vacation at the same time and if they agree, would considering hiring him/her.

Advertisement