Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• _ There have been several employees who have charged lunch and other unauthorized things to their company credit cards. My boss wants to go back for the last year and deduct all unauthorized amounts from employee's next paychecks. I understand where ...

• Profile Picture

RE: FMLA and Vacation Time

_ ​The real answer is you should send her the certification and notice. What we would do is just as you suggest.  Allow the time off (whatever PTO they have).  If they need more time we would then go the FMLA route.  If they do end up needing FMLA ...

• _ You put exempt employees in the title, are you talking about additional compensation above their salary for drive time or did you mean non-exempt employees?  Exempt employees would be paid no matter what.  If you meant non-exempt, you have to pay their ...

• Profile Picture

FMLA and Vacation Time

_ Hi all! I have an employee who has asked to take some time off for mental health reasons. She is a top performer so we will do whatever it takes to accommodate her and help her to feel better. She has around 2 weeks of vacation time accrued. Unfortunately, ...

• Hi Elizabeth, An employee on leave without pay, does not accrue PTO while they are gone. If they are utilizing PTO, then they continue to accrue time. Becky Ramos-Arzola, Vice President, Human Resources San Diego Metropolitan Credit ...

Advertisement