Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Classifying Part Time employee as Exempt

_ I work for a nonprofit in California and we have partnered with an out of state University to bring on a post-doc Research Associate for 2 years. The University and our organization will each be paying 1/2 of her agreed annual salary ($52k).  She will ...

• _ What are the legal considerations when determining whether to send an employee for a neurological examination based on a significant amount of issues that have been observed related to forgetfulness, performance, etc. which pose a liability for the ...

• After his outpatient treatment is finished then he should be referred to a SAP (Substance Abuse Professional) who would then tell the employer and employee how many times he would be subjected to a drug test and for the length of time this is for. That ...

• _ We are located in PA.   I told his wife to ask for copies of employee manuals, policies he signed off on, etc.  So far I haven't seen anything that references personnel files.   Thanks!

• What a curious request. Did she give a reason as to why she wanted them? It is definitely company property and I would not supply given a subpoena or incredibly compelling reason. I can't think of a reason that would be compelling enough though... ------------------------------ ...

Advertisement