Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

Shift Question

​​​​I am located in Nebraska and work for a non-profit.  We have a number of Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses who work for us.  We are looking into extending our clinic hours.  One of our NP's is interested in working three 12 hour days.  She ...

• Profile Picture

Temporary Employees and Overtime

_ ​​Hello, we recently contracted a temp agency and through them we currentlyhave 2 temp employees. The Agency is requesting  we pay OT rates for additional hours worked over 40- are we (my company) responsible to pay at an OT rate (over 40 hrs) or ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Piecework Pay

​Please see my reply on the General Board. Gayle ------------------------------ Gayle Troy, SHRM-SCP, SPHR ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

RE: Salaried Exempt with Holiday

_ In my opinion, a holiday is part of the 40 hour week.   At my company, if an exempt employee is works 4-10s on a M-Th schedule, we would expect the employee would work Monday, Tuesday off, and work Wed-Th as usual. I get what you are saying that ...

• Profile Picture

CP exam

_ ​I bought the SHRM learning system just recently took my exam and failed. The test was not at all what I expected. I studied for 3 months and used the online resource .

Advertisement