Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

RE: Employee Changed SSN & EAD

_ I think that's a distinct possibility.  It's also possible he's still not authorized, but faced some need to "acquire" new documents.  Possibly the prior identification he was using prompted suspicion from a someone.  I would suggest you contact your ...

• _ To OP - I would suggest that you refrain from making any reference or inquiring about the employee disability, let alone asking if there is something you can do to accommodate since you stated that the performance issue is not related to the disability.  ...

• Profile Picture

Employee Changed SSN & EAD

_ Hi, I'm new to my company and a long-time employee came to me to tell me he changed his SSN. So the first question I asked was "why". He said it is because someone was using his previous SSN. He also presented me with a social security card and an ...

• I agree with Anonymonk.​ ------------------------------ Michael Smith ------------------------------

• _ Hey all - OP here!  To answer some recent questions, yes we have had multiple conversations about performance with the employee.  I'm happy to work for a company that truly coaches our employees for success vs. coaching out the door.  The employee ...

Advertisement