Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

NC unemployment for CA resident?..yikes

_ Cross-posted (General HR and Employment Law)  I am new to HR and work for a very small nonprofit in North Carolina - Unemployment is a new topic for me, any help appreciated!  Background  We  have an employee who will we will be letting go due ...

• _ Can an employer require an employee to use sick leave to supplement their SDI benefits? I had always thought this was the case, but now I'm hearing this is no longer allowable. Was there a recent update to PDL regulations?

• Profile Picture

NYS Sick Leave Law NEW

_ Hello, how is everyone in NY going about this new NY Sick Leave Law? Do you have to fix your handbook or has it not affected your PTO policies at all?  Of course NY had to add another law lol...

• Make him read about McDonald's CEO and see if that changes his opinion! Janet Giannetta, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | Partner 11 Racquet Road | Newburgh, NY 12550 tel (845) 567-3978 | mobile (845) ...

• We do not allow any employees or members of the board of directors to give or receive anything with a value of over $25.  In person meals (not restaurant gift certificates) are the only exception. ------------------------------ Mark Baron Fieldstone ...

Advertisement