Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• We did end up terminating today due to the repeat performance issues. Not how I wanted to start my Friday...but that is life in HR.  I have questioned multiple staff regarding the missing card...no luck with any admission of guilt. ------------------------------ ...

• Jamie was out sick with a child in the hospital. She sent the email the next day when she returned. I have already plugged that hole in our system so when Jamie is out, someone else sends the email so there is equity across how all employee birthdays ...

• Thanks. I really appreciate the rationale in this reply. ------------------------------ Rob Clizbe Redlands CA ------------------------------

• We do the same. No one is "required" to do anything work wise while on PTO. If they do, it is at their choosing. They still earn their normal salary but also use the PTO that was scheduled. I do it often to stay ahead of the game when I return. ...

• We do not expect or require our exempt employees to check email while on PTO. If an exempt employee elects to check, write, respond to emails while on vacation,  we don't do anything special - we don't pay them extra, we don't cancel the PTO, we don't ...

Advertisement