Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• ​I don't work for a federal government but have friends that do, I was told that 2-weeks is the minimum notice you should give before quitting a job in the federal government. If your work can be easily reassigned then 2-weeks is probably sufficient. ...

• Profile Picture

I9 Audit

Hello everyone, We are in the middle of an I9 Audit. We are preparing the I9s to be sent to the Auditor. Any suggestions can take advantage of? Lessons learned from those of you that have had an audit before? Also, I have a few questions: - How likely ...

• _ So why are you worried about whether another company is doing something legal or not?  August 15 is a Thursday, and August 16 is a Friday -so why not set your employee's start date as the 19th for a Monday, and not worry about what the former employer ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Operations shut down and PTO

_ Not the state in which they live, but the state in which you operate your business.

• Profile Picture

RE: Operations shut down and PTO

_ If you are laying them off and terminating their employment and re-hiring them after the week closure, you may have to pay out their PTO depending on the state in which they live.

Advertisement