Employment Law

Latest Discussions

• Hi there, It is fine (legal) for you to ask each candidate if they are authorized to work in the US.  Typically there is a statement on the employee application asking, "Are you authorized to work in the US?" I don't know you have your applicants complete ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Non-Exempt Time Repoting

_ When the FLSA was supposed to change the salary levels (but didn't), we reclassified several employees who, while they met the duties test, did not meet the means test for the new (and now defunct) salary test.  We also moved to time tracking by the ...

• Profile Picture

RE: Mileage Reimbursement for remote employees

_ CA may have different laws since they seem to be on their own for HR related issues, but otherwise, you are not legally required to reimburse mileage, not doing so, however, would certainly make hiring those positions difficult.  We have several employees ...

• _ If they are legally authorized to work in the US, the only real difference is the document they product for the I-9 but you also need to make sure they keep that document current, if applicable .  I put a reminder in my calendar for about 3 months ...

• Profile Picture

RE: FMLA EXTENSION For Key Position

_ What Renee said, and depending on what FMCRs cover him and the nature of the medical condition, he might need a new med cert card before he can return.  I agree - this position is NOT easy to fill.  Could you fill it by leasing drivers from a carrier ...

Advertisement