Message Image  

HR Department of One

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hello, We have seen in most of the job descriptions a line related to "lifting boxes". For ex. "must be able to lift up to 25 pounds" (though may not be strictly required for the job). Could this be viewed as discriminatory? Any thoughts?...

• Look carefully at your plan documents and agreements with your health insurance provider. If you want to cover employees on LOA, probably your insurance company will be willing to work with you to change your plan. It may cost a little more or they...

• If you are looking for another option for supervisors to provide feedback, how about just train your supervisors to give performance feedback anytime and frequently. They shouldn't have to wait for permission or a formal program in order to talk with...

• Yes, this employee should be counseled on improving the teamwork and treating staff members as well as he treats customers. I also think Judy gave great advice on helping the VP to grow and develop in his/her skill providing feedback, and the entire...

• Profile Picture

RE: Jury Duty Pay

Any of these methods can work, but I like Lisa Roeder's policy best. Why not just pay the employee their regular pay, and let them keep anything they get from the court. To me it is silly to squabble over something that usually amounts to a small...