Message Image  

Compensation

Latest Discussions

• With all due respect to the previous posters, I would not talk to your immigration attorney, because this is not an immigration issue; this is a tax issue. I have been preparing taxes for almost 15 years and, specifically payroll tax analysis for the...

• Here's the situation. I work for a defense contractor, so occasionally we have different employers depending on which company wins the contract. Yesterday our former employer deposited various amounts of money in our individual bank accounts. The average...

• Hello, I would agree with Paul. You may want to research "What is an Employer Payment Plan". Copy/paste from a webinar: Employer payment plans reimburse, or directly pay, the premiums for an employee's individual health insurance policy:...

• I, too, would encourage you to consult your immigration attorney. My understanding is that the fees paid (USCIS fees and legal fees) are considered business expenses, not wages. In limited circumstances, you can recover legal fees, but it is very specific...

• Talk with your immigration attorney. I highly doubt that you can add the costs of a green card to the employee's wages - employers are responsible for paying the costs. https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/faqsanswers.cfm#q!262 Although...

Advertisement

Register for SHRM 2016