Message Image  

Benefits

Latest Discussions

• From what I understand, an employer should never pay the employee (current or ex) or the insurance carrier directly for insurance premiums. You can give the employee a wage increase to pay for it themselves, but you would not want to state what...

• Hi Danielle, We have the same situation. We have a set policy, but then most candidates will negotiate more paid time off during the hiring process. I continue to keep the policy the same and have those "exceptions". It is somewhat cumbersome to...

• We are in the process of reviewing and updating our employee handbook and one of the issues that I have stumbled across is differences in our vacation policies. Currently, our handbook reflects two different schedules (1. administrative personnel,...

• Hi Justin, I could not find any information about requiring a doctor's note for NYS disability, but you can require a doctor's note for FMLA. So I would use the doctor's certification for FMLA to satisfy NYS disability. You can also call the Workers'...

• I am not sure I am the guru but you can ask me, I just finished the 1094C 2 weeks ago 832-386-1507 Colleen Martin, MS-HRM, ARM, PHR, SHRM-CP Director of Employee Benefits Galena Park ISD 14705 Woodforest Blvd. Galena Park,...

Advertisement

Register for SHRM 2016