Message Image  

Employee Relations

Latest Discussion Posts

• We are considered a Non-Profit though we are funded by HUD (Housing and Urban Development) as well as by the State (we are a low income housing authority) with under 50 employees and we are not required to include EEO-1 form during our hiring process...

• Does your policy state that employees must call in every day they are going to be absent and must have their PTO approved in advance? Whether or not he put in his two week notice, I would say you should hold him to the attendance policy just as...

• Profile Picture

RE: ER Issue

I would ask if the employee who had to take leave has ever addressed her issues directly with his/her manager or did s/he just come to your colleague with the complaint of being stressed out and take leave? Was there documentation and a training plan...

• Profile Picture

ER Issue

Hello folks, An HR colleague of mine had a situation and I wanted to see how you would have handled it: The scenario is fairly common involving a manager with poor leadership skills. This manager does not know how to effectively work with his...

• Profile Picture

Job Abandonment?

*CALIFORNIA* Quick question.... We have a team member that put in a 2 weeks notice for next week (5/11). Monday he left an hour into his shift for a Drs appointment and never came back. Tuesday & Wednesday he didn't show up for work. Wednesday...