Message Image  

Latest Discussions

• Thanks! I feel that I am safe in retroactively designating it. As soon as I found out that he was out, I immediately provided FMLA and did tell him in writing, and in person, that upon receiving the medical certification and reviewing that any time already taken would be designated as FMLA should it qualify as FMLA. He did not have the medical...

• Hi Holly, I would suggest looking at the reasons staff are needed to be onsite - especially on Fridays. This is where the focus should start. Once these points are defined then proceed. ....You can always state that it appears work is able to be done within a 4 day work week so you will be cutting hours respectively. :) Or raise the...

• I would love some clarification on this. We hire a lot of seasonal employees. Many stay for more than one season. We had been assured by our medical insurance company rep (BCBS) that our current practice was okay (meaning, even if a seasonal stayed on for several seasons, that we could continue to classify them as seasonal and not offer benefits....

• It is really based on how your policy is written. I've worked at companies that consider any eligible FML incident to be eligible for sick pay, but I've also worked at companies with sick policies that only allow employees to use their sick time for themselves and vacation pay has to be used to care for others. Policies can be written to require...

• Profile Picture

RE: Retro-FMLA?

From the DOL website: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/1421.htm Q: If an employer fails to tell employees that the leave is FMLA leave, can the employer count the time they have already been off against the 12 weeks of FMLA leave? In most situations, the employer cannot count leave as FMLA leave retroactively. Remember, the employee must...

Recent Blogs

• This week in class we discussed training plans (classes) and the different aspects of a plan. First, each classmate had to locate a company that builds training projects. Although there were several great websites, I will still recommend building...

• Profile Picture

Handbook

Posted in: Benefits

Currently we are working to draft our newest handbook. We do have a handbook however I just feel it is too generic. Compared to some of the other companies I worked for, I think there are too many questions left unanswered and then ensues a game of...

Most Active Members

One moment, processing...