QUICK LINKS
MAKE a connection
PERSONALIZE your subscriptions

WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Apply for the Susan R. Meisinger Fellowship for Graduate Study in HR

Attention HR professionals pursuing masters degrees, if you are certified or a member of SHRM, you can apply for the Susan R. Meisinger Fellowship for Graduate Study in HR - deadline: August 18, 2014. more

WE KNOW NEXT

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• Roy Maurer

OSHA considers making injury underreporting a v...

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

Concerned that a proposed rule that obligates certain employers to publish their injury and illness records might lead to employers misreporting that data, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has extended the rule's comment period and is asking for reaction to making such underreporting...

• Roy Maurer

Ban-the-box movement goes viral

Posted in: Background & Substance...

The District of Columbia, Illinois and New Jersey have joined 66 cities and counties and 11 states to pass "ban-the-box" laws, preventing employers from asking about prior criminal history on job applications. http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/safetysecurity/articles/Pages/Ban-the-Box-Movement-Viral.aspx

• Susan Henry

RE: Training

Posted in: HR Department of One...

I have training on this that I developed when I was The Director of Training and Development at another employer before this one I can pass on to you. It was HRCI accredited at the time but I haven't renewed the accreditation since I changed jobs. Other than that I would be happy to pass it on.

• photo not available

RE: Training

Posted in: HR Department of One...

I would like to tag onto this request. Does anyone have a good resource for Drug/Alcohol Awareness training? All I can find are substandard DVDs that cost hundreds of dollars, but as a drug free workplace, we have to document 1 hour of training per year for employees, and having them watch the same...

• Rebecca Brill

Feedback on Strategic Partnership for Human Res...

Posted in: Leadership - HR D...

I was looking for feedback on the positives and negatives that you have experienced by trying to convert Human Resources into a more strategic partnership within your current organization. What has been the most difficult aspect of this change to become effective? Thank you for your thoughts on...

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Stephen Miller

Spread the word: Social Security accounts are online

Benefits - HR Discipline

It's “my Social Security week,” Aug, 18-23, so time to encourage workers to review their Social Security accounts online

• Chris Arringdale

The Importance of Discretionary Effort—and How To Inspire It

Performance Management - HR Discipline

We sparked some interesting conversation when we mentioned Aubrey Daniels in a recent post about the need for more...

RECENT SHARED FILES

Sick Leave Bank

Posted in: HR Department of One - General...

Lake County, FL School Board Sick Leave Bank

Weapons Free Workplace company policy.

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

506 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management