WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

"Working For Us"

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• Dana Wilkie

Parent revolt: When transgender teachers offend

Posted in: Diversity & Inclusion...

Cases involving the firing, suspension or harassing of transgender teachers have made national news in recent years, raising the issue of how to handle a teacher's contract if parents create an uproar over an instructor's transgender status. What are the legal issues that a school or its HR...

• photo not available

RE: Dependant care FSA - carry over option Vs....

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

It's my understanding that the $500.00 carryover does not apply to the Dependent Care FSA according to the company we work with. It was also my understanding that the Medical FSA could apply BOTH the carry over option as well as the grace period option. Hope this helps. Cloudia Dame Tempe, AZ ------Original...

• photo not available

Tuition Reimbursement - Online programs

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

Within your tuition reimbursement programs, do you: a) reimburse for completion of online programs within a "brick and mortar" school? b) reimburse for completion of programs from fully online institutions? If so, are there any differences between the benefits provided for online degrees and...

• Jessica Edlinger

RE: Documentation requirement

Posted in: Consulting - HR D...

The short version is that Caregivers have fallen under the FLSA Companionship Exemption, but starting on January 1, they will no longer be. Most of our clients (and our competitors' clients) are on fixed incomes, so we cannot raise rates to accommodate OT charges. We think most of the industry will...

• Roy Maurer

Venezuela set to increase minimum wage Dec 1

Posted in: Global HR - HR Di...

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced an increase of 15 percent of the minimum wage effective Dec. 1, 2014. Also, news about vicarious liability in Brazil and the EEOC-Mexico memo of understanding on labor rights. http://www.shrm.org/hrdisciplines/global/articles/pages/latin-america-employment-law-update.aspx

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Aliah Wright

200 million use Instagram? 40 million on Vine? 1.34 billion on Facebook? Why, Yes

Project: Social HR - Social

I’m startled when people still say all of this 'social media business' is a fad, when really it’s now a part of...

• photo not available

Las Vegas Conference

Hello- 2015 will be the first time I have attended the SHRM Conference. I want to be sure exactly what dates I should...

RECENT SHARED FILES

The National Academy of HR named the SHRM Foundation an Honored Organization in 2014. Mark J. Schmit,...

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

696 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America