WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

"Working For Us"

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• photo not available

RE: Disciplinary Actions - Who prepares them

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

This has been my experience at several organizations. Most will at least involve HR in the process, however. Only suggestion I can make is to train, train, and train your managers. It typically works best when HR and managers are able to work together on this issue, because the managers will...

• photo not available

RE: PTO Payout - NC

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

Please note the below from NC DOL. I agree with my colleagues, in this circumstance look to your policy to see how it reads on vacation forfeiture. If it does not have any such language then the employee, in my opinion, should be paid the time the policy states was earned, 14.66 times the number...

• photo not available

Training/Professional Development Program

Posted in: Talent ManagementTraining...

Good morning, I work for a small management consulting firm and we have had significant growth over the last 2 years. In the past. employees completed certifications such as the PMP or Six Sigma, but as we are growing people's requests are becoming more diverse and I would like to build some...

• photo not available

Disciplinary Actions - Who prepares them

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

Has anyone ever had there CEO change employee discpline from HR to Managers? I experienced this once before and it was a nightmare! Any ideas or suggestions would be appreci

• photo not available

RE: Employment of Relatives Policy

Posted in: Employee Relations...

Here's ours: Nepotism, Employment of Relatives and Personal Relationships Henry & Horne, LLP wants to ensure that corporate practices do not create situations such as conflict of interest or favoritism. This extends to practices that involve team member hiring, promotion and transfer....

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• photo not available

Discpline being transferred to employee managers

Has anyone ever had there CEO change employee discpline from HR to Managers? I experienced this once before and iy was...

• Gayle Troy

Best Tips for the SHRM Conference

Let's start a blog, to make it easy for people (especially first-time attendees) to know what to bring, what to wear,...

RECENT SHARED FILES

A complimentary series of 10 executive webinars are available for SHRM members and staff within their...

A complimentary series of 10 executive webinars are available for SHRM members and staff within their...

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

744 Points

2. Ronald Pilenzo
    Ronald Pilenzo

The Global HR Consultancy
    Hobe Sound, FL
    United States of America