WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

"Working For Us"

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• Aliah Wright

Look who's shopping now? The boss

Posted in: Technology - HR D...

Employees who do their Christmas shopping online during work are more likely to be members of senior management, managers, supervisors and team leaders-not entry-level or professional staff members, according to a new survey from CareerBuilder. You can read more here.

• photo not available

RE: not following job description

Posted in: HR Department of One...

HI Jayne - It sounds like you may need to have a conversation with the EVP who hired her even if it is only to get clarity on what exactly she was hired to do. If she was hired to do the job as it was posted and that's what the EVP (or her direct supervisor) expects, then that should make for...

• Christine Roth

RE: For those States with legalized marijuana?

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

Amanda, You can and should still have a policy against being under the influence while working. If you look at CA law, that is a good place to start. Here is an article that you might find helpful: http://www.brownlawgroup.com/newsletter-archives/medical-marijuana-use-though-permitted-by-california-doctors-not-permitted-in-workplace-or-protected-by-ada/

• photo not available

RE: OSHA standard changes

Posted in: HR Department of One...

Our company is very focused on EHS. I checked this question with my Regional Safety Manager. He was not familiar with any such regulation, nor have I seen anything about it. However, I suppose certification would be obtained by the responder completing a basic first aid & CPR class, as do ours....

• photo not available

For those States with legalized marijuana?

Posted in: Background & Substance...

Well, recently Alaska went to legalized marijuana. I know that several other States have already been dealing with this. What type of work place policy do you have and how do you enforce it? Is your policy based on Job Performance only, thus treating only performance issues? Did you revise your...

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Chris Arringdale

Happy Holidays? Not if You Forget Your Employees

It’s the only time of year that it’s acceptable to give a fruitcake. Complete with hot cocoa, stockings hung with care,...

• Stephen Miller

When workers won't retire, challenges arise

Benefits - HR Discipline

When people don’t advance through the ranks because older workers are staying put, they become frustrated. And despite...

RECENT SHARED FILES

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

658 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA