WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

New Quick Link to the SHRM Conference Communities!

If you are attending one of the upcoming SHRM conferences, you have been automatically signed-up for the conference community here on SHRM Connect. Each conference community is open to all paid registrants for the conference. Find the quick link... more

"Working For Us"

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• photo not available

RE: Criminal background checks

Posted in: Background & Substance...

Hello Kim, Usually the entity will specifically list what type of searches they want done on all contractors (County/State/Federal Criminal, OFAC, Sex Offender, etc.). Contact me offline, we can help (800) 424-7011.

• photo not available

Criminal background checks

Posted in: Background & Substance...

Hello, I am new to the world of background checks. My client has an obligation to do criminal background checks on employees involved on a specific contract. Can anyone share a background check provider they would recommend as well as any nuances I should be aware of? Thank you, Kim

• Phyllis Howard

Canadian Employment for Free Lancers - Computer...

Posted in: Compensation - HR...

Hello! The company with whom I'm contracting is looking to hire a Research Scientist (Computers) in Canada. I'm at a loss as to where to direct them for salary information and also required deductions for Canadian pay. Would anyone have a website or agency that could be of help? I tried payscale.com...

• Robert Narsavage

RE: 360 Review Process

Posted in: HR Department of One...

Hi Melissa -- I just switched us from a very low-impact inadequate review process, to a new 360 in-depth review procedure. Ours is a small company but the new procedure is for all employees. If you're interested, message me privately and I can share it with you.

• photo not available

360 Review Process

Posted in: HR Department of One...

I'm looking for tips or pointers on administering a 360 review process for upper management. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Treva Spencer-Dupree

2015 SHRM Annual Conference!

I am so excited to attend the conference and meet my wonderful and knowledgeable peers. During the day we will reinforce...

• Patricia Bedell

CPA Firm HR Professionals

SHRM 2015 Annual Conference & Exposition

I would like to meet HR professionals from other CPA firms. Please let me know if you would like to meet up at the conference....

RECENT SHARED FILES

A concise overview of key issues in using non-competition and non-solicitation clauses in global employment...

HR Girlfriends offers an array of services to help HR Departments of 1. www.HRGirlfriends.com

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Stacie Roeder
    Stacie Roeder

Flodraulic Group, Inc.
    Greenfield, IN
    United States of America

248 Points

2. Sana Rasul
    Sana Rasul

HR Girlfriends
    Washington, DC
    United States of America