QUICK LINKS
MAKE a connection
PERSONALIZE your subscriptions

WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Our Newest Community!

If you are an HR professional in a family owned business - the newest SHRM Connect community is for you! Join the HR in Family Business Community! more

WE KNOW NEXT

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• Cheryl Stone

RE: Credit Check Procedures

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

I've been away from banking for a couple of years, but I think I can get you started. Be sure you are running the employment type of check and not the regular credit check so it does not negatively impact the applicant's score. Then, review it for negative information. I looked at recency, relevancy,...

• photo not available

Credit Check Procedures

Posted in: Recruiting & Staffing...

We recently started doing credit checks and have implemented a process compliant with FCRA. But, we are looking to define what are specific requirements of a credit report for new hires in a financial institution? What do you look at? When does someone not get hired?

• photo not available

OT Calculations for Annual Bonus

Posted in: Compensation - HR...

We are interested to know how other organizations handle overtime calculation for annual bonus payouts (based on organizational results and personal goals). Do you exclude this type of payout from the overtime calculation? If you include it, how do you calculate (i.e. spread out over 52 weeks)? I...

• Stephen Miller

RE: Health Insurance buyout Program-Keep with A...

Posted in: HR Department of One...

I don't have an answer, but it sounds like the kind of technical question that could be directed to SHRM's Knowledge Advisors, using the online portal here:http://www.shrm.org/templatestools/askanhrexpert/pages/default.aspx They may be able to explain why brokers are giving conflicting advice...

• Aliah Wright

Emotions play role in decision-making

Posted in: SHRM Publishing and...

Feelings take precedence in decision-making for senior business leaders, according to a study. But they also rely on values, company culture, reputation and big data, too, when it comes to making those decisions. Read more here

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• photo not available

Looking for feedback on True Colors personality test and on-site workshops.

Hello, I am currently exploring potential opportunities for a team-building activity on-site, with our leadership...

• photo not available

Head Hunter Recommendations

The company i work for is looking to hire 3-4 Superintendents/Supervisors in the Mechanical Services industry. I am looking...

RECENT SHARED FILES

1 person recommends this.

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

424 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management