WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

SHRM VIDEO

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• photo not available

Talent Management

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

Good Morning, The Arthur G. Russell Company is a Engineering/Manufacturing company with 110 employees. We are currently researching Talent Management packages. I'm looking for some feedback on the package your company is using. Thanks!

• Gavin Robinson

RE: How important is technology to stay connect...

Posted in: Technology - HR D...

Jeremy; I would like to know more about how companies utilize Enterprise Social Media systems. Is it typically a means of executive communicating with employees or is it a method of enabling collaboration and information sharing across different business lines? In my company it is more of a top-down...

• photo not available

Internal Social Media Platform: The Intranet

Posted in: Academics - HR Pr...

My company implemented an internal social media,the Intranet, in order for employees to connect. Initially the Intranet generated a lot of interest. We had a several sections: Items for Sale, Current Openings, Announcements, Pictures, etc.. Over time the site lost its appeal and the information...

• photo not available

RE: Down With Turnover

Posted in: Employee Relations...

Have you made a factual determination on why they are leaving? I mean, have they actually said why they are leaving or are you making assumptions? For me I have to "know" why they are leaving before I can address it. I worked for a very wise CEO who believe in the plate of brownie and an open...

• Debra Cooper

HR Social Media Tools

Posted in: Academics - HR Pr...

This week my Human Resource Management class is tackling the subject of the use of Social Media Tools in HR. I know that my HR department has been faced the difficult task of managing the risks and rewards of social media. What are some of the challenges other HR departments have faced and how have...

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Allen Smith

Big data only as good as data in

Big data helps employers ascertain to what extent their job screening efforts contribute to successful hiring, leading...

• Katie Zima

Communication Audits

This week I was tasked with understanding the use of communication audits within human resource management within my...

RECENT SHARED FILES

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

684 Points

2. Ronald Pilenzo
    Ronald Pilenzo

The Global HR Consultancy
    Hobe Sound, FL