WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

"Working For Us"

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• photo not available

RE:Marketplace Coverage Options Notices

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

We have been doing that for last 2 years since my understanding is that it is a requirement.

• photo not available

RE: Inability to perform the required functions...

Posted in: HR Department of One...

If the concern is that they cannot do the job because of a physical limitation - than you would need to have them assessed through the ADA process. An initial discussion regarding performance would be needed at which time you can ask the individual if they have any explanations as to why the performance...

• Alaire Nielsen

Inability to perform the required functions of their...

Posted in: HR Department of One...

We have an employee that we suspect is no longer able to do their job. Is it appropriate to give them a task to do to test if they still have the ability to do their job? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• photo not available

RE: Reminder of non-compete

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

Although we do not use non-competes I agree with the advice given. I would suggest you have your General Counsel or Employment Law Attorney review the non-compete prior to sending a notice to the former employee and the new employer. I also recommended you send it via certified mail. You...

• Leah Carrillo

RE: Marketplace Coverage Options Notices

Posted in: Benefits - HR Dis...

Not sure about requirement to all employees on an annual basis but we have the notice in our Benefit guide which is given to new hires on their first day as well as presented at time of open enrollment for all employees.

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Stephen Miller

Stagnant wages, unhappy workers

Compensation - HR Discipline

Despite higher productivity, the share of income flowing to workers has fallen. Here's a look at why this is happening,...

• Jeremy Ames

Why do we always let our superstars do all the work?

Even when individual sports figures start to let us down, we can still find valuable lessons in team sports. Last night’s...

1 person recommends this.

RECENT SHARED FILES

At YPI Consultants, LLC we acknowledge that each one of us is a unique individual with specific...

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

640 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America