QUICK LINKS
MAKE a connection
PERSONALIZE your subscriptions

WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Our Newest Community!

If you are an HR professional in a family owned business - the newest SHRM Connect community is for you! Join the HR in Family Business Community! more

WE KNOW NEXT

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• Allen Smith

Executive order, legislative amendments fight wage...

Posted in: SHRM Publishing and...

The president signed an executive order that will require prospective contractors to disclose labor law violations from the past three years before they can be eligible for a contract.

• photo not available

RE: Visible Body Piercings

Posted in: HR Department of One...

If these piercings disrupt the workflow, cause a safety hazard and are not for religious reasons then I would write a policy based on that. If these are piercings and people just don't "like" them, then I would say not a good basis. There has a be concrete expectations to write a policy and cannot...

• photo not available

RE: Pregnancy Problems

I would definitely counsel/ write her up for the NCNS and advise her that adherance to the policy is crucial. Her pregnancy does not excuse her from this. If she requires accommodations, make sure to give her a reasonable accommodation form so she can provide medical documentation. She is not covered...

• photo not available

RE: Pregnancy Problems

My main concern is the NCNS. As Leah stated, accomodations should be made for sickness and/or doctor's appointments related to the condition. I would first ask the employee why she did not call. If she stated it was a medical reason I would ask for documentation. I normally don't ask for documentation...

• Jonathan Liepe

RE: Requirement for Driver's License and Auto Insurance...

Posted in: Legal Issues in HR...

You should seek legal counsel...but my opinion is that you cannot require either unless driving is an essential function of the job that cannot be assigned to another person to perform. As well, requiring such must be consistent with business necessity.

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Allen Smith

Executive order, legislative amendments fight wage theft

The president signed an executive order that will require prospective contractors to disclose labor law violations...

• photo not available

Looking for feedback on True Colors personality test and on-site workshops.

Hello, I am currently exploring potential opportunities for a team-building activity on-site, with our leadership...

RECENT SHARED FILES

1 person recommends this.

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

408 Points

2. Dana Wilkie
    Dana Wilkie

Society for Human Resource Management