WHAT'S HOT

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Each month we pull together the SHRM social media news and place it into one easy to read e-newsletter and delivery it directly to your inbox. Check out last month's e-newsletter and sign-up to receive your copy today! more

SHRM VIDEO

IN THE KNOW

LATEST DISCUSSIONS

• photo not available

RE: E-Cigarette Policy

Posted in: HR Support - HR P...

We have added it to our tobacco policy. They can not have tobacco or e-cigarettes on the premises.

• Amy Peterson

Social Media and HR's approach

Posted in: Academics - HR Pr...

Working in a Marketing Department, I am no stranger to the uses of social media to get out product information, important company news or even the latest press release regarding company promotions. Currently the integration of social media within our HR department is minimal. Other than posting...

• Kristie Howard

Social media and recruiting new talent

Posted in: Academics - HR Pr...

In my strategic HR course, we learned this week that social media has been used for many different purposes, whether it is to connect employees, allow collaboration or recruit and identify new talent. From a recent interview with an HR manager at my employer, I discovered that our HR professionals...

• Angela Billis

RE: HR and Social Media

Posted in: Recruiting & Staffing...

I currently work for TD Bank and we have a page employee use called "Connections." It has our picture and position title. We use the website as a way of communicating with many employees from Maine to Florida. It also helps in putting a face to a name. If you apply for an internal position, you can...

• photo not available

RE:Someone posting fake employment ads in our n...

Posted in: Recruiting & Staffing...

Hi, It is unfortunate when someone takes advantage of free sources, however, it is a free source and so it can and will happen. You can report the post to craigslist. It usually takes less than 24 hours. I sent the link to my team and had them all report the post. That should expedite the response....

OUR COMMUNITY

RECENT BLOGS

• Katie Zima

Communication Audits

This week I was tasked with understanding the use of communication audits within human resource management within my...

• Alain Barbara

RE: Communication Audits

Academics - HR Professionals

See the original Discussion Po

RECENT SHARED FILES

MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS

1. Roy Maurer
    Roy Maurer

Society for Human Resource Management
    Alexandria, VA
    United States of America

652 Points